slide holes

These are the Gucci Glocks for yer drug dealers and such.....

View attachment 3625836
Hi Point actually has you covered. Money wrap and all.
Offset-hipoint-irons.jpg

To each his own. Revolvers are held by many to be the golden standard for reliability, yet there are many gaps where objects can get between the cylinder and the frame, stopping the cylinder from revolving, and the gun from firing.

Many folks brought up similar concerns about the open slide of the Beretta 92, yet in all my years in the Corps, I never saw an object get in there and cause issues. Marine grunts toted Beretta 92’s in some of the worst environments imaginable.

I have seen waaaaay more handguns malfunction due to lack of maintenance and/or lube, piss-poor modifications done to the fire control system, bad ammo, and user error than I ever have some foreign object/debris getting into the slide through an opening.

Yeah, I get that. No purpose to have them in a duty gun. Unless you're the neighborhood drug dealer, there's no reason to be carrying a "Gucci" gun.
Lightened slides cycle faster, and when dialed in with springs and ammo they are faster shooting than stock. Why wouldn’t I carry the best damn thing I could?

What is barrel cooling for 500, Alex?

Just kidding, don't have a clue. But y'all probably already figured that part out.

While I see the point about holes and new slots on a skeletonized slide or upper allowing debris to get wedged in there, it's not a big concern to me. Very unlikely to happen.

Nobody in the firearms world seems to care about holes or slots behind a gun's trigger, even on a 1911 pistol that doesn't need such things and for which only maybe 1/25th of an ounce of weight might be saved by skeletonizing the trigger.

(Skeletonizing a hammer is a different story-- that affects "lock time" and can be done for some practical benefit).

Lightened slides cycle faster, and when dialed in with springs and ammo they are faster shooting than stock. Why wouldn’t I carry the best damn thing I could?
I think his point of multiple entry locations for foreign objects is valid. I've never pulled a trigger faster than the slide comes back into battery so having it do that faster really isn't a concern (to me).

I have plenty of "holier than thou" pistols and they all serve their purpose but my carry guns are run of the mill. I also feel like we tempt fate by "improving" a design that engineers spend years working to perfect out of the box.

The key is to train with what you use, same ammo and all. Only as good as your situational awareness, reaction times, aim and follow up.

I think his point of multiple entry locations for foreign objects is valid. I've never pulled a trigger faster than the slide comes back into battery so having it do that faster really isn't a concern (to me).

I have plenty of "holier than thou" pistols and they all serve their purpose but my carry guns are run of the mill. I also feel like we tempt fate by "improving" a design that engineers spend years working to perfect out of the box.

The key is to train with what you use, same ammo and all. Only as good as your situational awareness, reaction times, aim and follow up.
I gotcha. I was pretty serious into competition for a number of years. Competed with a 6” tri top cut up 2011 shooting 40 minor hand loads, 2 pound trigger, etc. I was faster on the clock with it than anything else I owned by a good bit, and certainly faster with it than a stock gun. Recoil pulse was something I got very used to and helped my doubles and transition speeds.

too big to carry. So I got a range officer operator. Lightened the trigger, tri topped the slide, etc. mini race gun that was sprung for defense ammo.
Miss that little guy

Unless you're crawling through the mud like GI Joe or throwing your gun around the ground like John Wick, I see no way slide cuts could get enough debris in them to cause a malfunction.

Back
Top Bottom