Skyjacker shock question

Fieldnstreamer

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
I just order some skyjacker shocks for my 2000 tundra limited 4x4 and I went with the best price I could find on ebay and one store had what they said would fit my front and one store said they had what would fit my rear. Well I don't know much about all this stuff and I got my rear ones in today and they are hydro7000 but I remembered that the fronts were nitro8000's. I also saw where the hydro 7000 said it would work for front or rear on the ebay page, but on the other listing I don't remember if it said it would work with front and/or rear or not. My question is, I gave 30 something $ for my rears for the 7000's and I gave like 70 something $ each for the front 8000's, did I accidentally buy a twice as good shock for the front as I did the rear? If so what is the difference? I would have thought that info would be plentiful at skyjacker.com but I couldn't really figure anything out. Im adding a leaf in the rear which is said to lift my rear 1.5-2" so I got a 3" front leveler and now I hope that what I got works. I haven't been able to find much info at all that answers my questions and Im not a big off road guy so I was hoping that one of you guys out there either worked for an off road center or just knew a lot about what I was working with. At the time of purchase I searched for rear shocks separately than my front shocks because I assumed they were different and thats how I wound up ordering from 2 different places and it didn't seem weird to me that the fronts were more expensive. A little input would be appreciated. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom