sks prices

Rush Je3p

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
34   0
Reaction score
I know back in the day you use to get these for $100
and i understand that the prices are going up
But did I miss something , when people have a bone stock sks and think that it is worth trading for an AR.
When did AR's and SKS's become the same price?

But did I miss something , when people have a bone stock sks and think that it is worth trading for an AR.
I was with my dad in 1988 at a gun show and he paid $66 bucks a piece for 3. Still have them. Don’t know why the value is over 400 on some. Depends on the year and import marks and make I guess. There was a crappy non-matching one at the show this weekend for 650. No thanks. Lol

Just pre covid you could build an AR for around $400 if you shopped carefully. An SKS was about $350-$400 so there is some basis for even up prices.
But me, I'm waiting for them to be worth a scar17 and then I'll trade (lol).

Yeah, as of several years ago SKS's crossed the $300 line and were pushing $400 in good condition with a bayonet, or decent aftermarket stock or some duckbill 30-round mags.
If they're selling for $600 now, I guess that's just because AR's are selling for $1200 and SKS's are seen as being about half the value.

(Even at $600, it's a lot of gun for the money. One SKS and 100 rounds on stripper clips could be used by a formerly helpless sheep to put a lot of hurtin' on a group of criminals that attack his home, or go around looting and burning in his neighborhood).

Just pre covid you could build an AR for around $400 if you shopped carefully. An SKS was about $350-$400 so there is some basis for even up prices.
But me, I'm waiting for them to be worth a scar17 and then I'll trade (lol).

Comparing an all-factory SKS rifle, unmolested, not bubbafied, with somebody's basement-built Frankengun isn't fair. Compare the factory original SKS to factory-built guns being offered as they came out of the box, from popular (though not necessarily high end) AR manufacturers.

Somewhere around 10 years ago. I would trade a 7.5" build for a bone stock SKS right now. As for a Tapco Craptastic Custom SKS... Oh he'll no!
I still love an SKS right up to about the $250.00 point. Beyond that they lose all their appeal to me. Oh and I would love to SBR a stock SKS with the front sight moved all the way back to the gas tube.

Back
Top Bottom