• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

sks prices

Even before the Wuflu Soviet SKS and Chinese SKS-M were going for $500+.
Now? If you offer me even $800 for OG, all matching, non rebuilt 1954 Tula, I will laugh in your face.

Supply and demand. More ARs are being made every day. No more SKS are coming in. More and more people are getting into milsurpl collecting. They want SKS.

Sold one at the Perry show for $600.

Rhett Butler approves of this post and price.
Rhett.JPG

Bought my first one (unissued) from Roses back in the 80’s for $99
I worked sporting goods at Roses in south Macon back then. Enfields and Mosins on sale in the ad every Sunday. The SKSs weren't so bad with the cosmoline. The Mosins and Enfields however were smothered in that ****. We went through so many paper towels because every damn customer wanted to hand pick theirs.
Looking back on it now theirs a lot of stuff i wish i had bought or kept but the one deal I still hate missing the most was when we had Spanish FR8 Mausers in 308 for $149.00. Such a handy carbine. And they go for over $500 these days.

I worked sporting goods at Roses in south Macon back then. Enfields and Mosins on sale in the ad every Sunday. The SKSs weren't so bad with the cosmoline. The Mosins and Enfields however were smothered in that ****. We went through so many paper towels because every damn customer wanted to hand pick theirs.
Looking back on it now theirs a lot of stuff i wish i had bought or kept but the one deal I still hate missing the most was when we had Spanish FR8 Mausers in 308 for $149.00. Such a handy carbine. And they go for over $500 these days.
No.4 MkII (Irish Contract) $79 then....$2,000 in the mummy wrap today.

I realize you didn't say SKS's can't come in, and you're right that currently there's no recent imports available for sale and definitely no steady stream of imports, but SKS's occasionally are imported in small numbers.

You probably recall 3 years ago Classic received a few hundred beautyful Yugo ceremonial SKS's from Serbia and recently some used Chinese rifles imported from some other country than China :thumb:
I should have said very few are being imported now. Nothing like it was even 10 years ago, let alone 20. Most recent Chinese import was BFP condition.
We lost Soviet/Russian SKS and good condition Chinese SKS.

Back
Top Bottom