• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Simplifying the location field...

Fatdaddy

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
325   0
Reaction score
Would tweaking the location field to a North, Central and South make more sense? The state is much longer than wide.
The current "Location" setup when searching the Classifieds makes it difficult to cover your home area especially in my case. I live between Tifton and Valdosta which is not really Central, Southeast or Southwest. Most buyers/sellers are willing to drive a little ways to make a deal happen anyway.

I would like to see it changed as well. Is there any way to put in a zip setup so that you could see the general distance in some sort of calculator? I have no idea where some of these places are and sometimes Central means a 120 mile drive.

Personally, I don't see what the purpose of a location field is. If users would just put the city that they live in, I can google it to see if a drive is worth it. For instance: most people would consider both Franklin Ga and Augusta Ga to be in the Central zone for Ga; however, they are still 197 miles apart. Even worse is Columbus Ga and Savannah Ga; they are technically in the same "zone", if broken down between North, Central and South, but they are 248 miles apart. Even if two cities are in the same zone, they can be miles apart. ODTers just need to put their actual location and learn to google. Just my .02 cents worth.

personally, i don't see what the purpose of a location field is. If users would just put the city that they live in, i can google it to see if a drive is worth it. For instance: Most people would consider both franklin ga and augusta ga to be in the central zone for ga; however, they are still 197 miles apart. Even worse is columbus ga and savannah ga; they are technically in the same "zone", if broken down between north, central and south, but they are 248 miles apart. Even if two cities are in the same zone, they can be miles apart. Odters just need to put their actual location and learn to google. Just my .02 cents worth.

x100000

Back
Top Bottom