• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silver. Your opinion

Sure looks like it's going up since the Left started making waves this past year. Good probability that'll it keep going up.

ag3650nyb.gif

What price should silver really be?

Serious question:

Do you mean in a SHTF scenario since this is posted in survival and not finance section?

if so, I never saw why anyone would want it. I can’t eat it, drink it or thrive with it. And no starving person would trade me their food for metal.

Serious question:

Do you mean in a SHTF scenario since this is posted in survival and not finance section?

if so, I never saw why anyone would want it. I can’t eat it, drink it or thrive with it. And no starving person would trade me their food for metal.
It’s not for the beginning. Society will eventually start again, even in the most extreme SHTF scenario. If you want something to start rebuilding with, bullets and such won’t buy property.
Maybe PMs won’t be traded, but that doesn’t match historical context.
I’m not so sure about Platinum and Palladium, but copper silver gold and diamonds will be valuable traded.

It’s not for the beginning. Society will eventually start again, even in the most extreme SHTF scenario. If you want something to start rebuilding with, bullets and such won’t buy property.
Maybe PMs won’t be traded, but that doesn’t match historical context.
I’m not so sure about Platinum and Palladium, but copper silver gold and diamonds will be valuable traded.

Seems like humans have been using bullets to “buy” property since the firearm was invented.

Partial joking aside, I can’t imagine how long it would take to get back to a system where anyone cares about anyone they don’t knows property. Again, depends on the scenario, but I would guess the ability to defend property makes it yours.

Serious question:

Silver will be the first money used once a recovery has started.

Back
Top Bottom