• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silent auctions

Capture+_2020-10-01-21-55-14-1.png

aw STFU, same damn **** day after day.Move on if you dont like it

****in A right. I'm sure that the owner of this site can't wait to become known for owning a marketplace board where people who post ads for items they want to sell are inundated with nitwit's comments about their valuations. That'd be just about ****ing alright, wouldn't it? The new items posted for sale here would crash the internet. Why sellers would just FLOCK to the ODT.

Was looking for a 226. One for cell with a listed price. PM’d and said I’d take it. No haggle, no low ball, just I’ll take it. OP responded with, let me see what other offers I get. That’s bull****. You don’t respond to me, no problem. You ignore me, no problem. You just don’t want to sail to me, no problem. But to offer full asking and to get told, “looking for a better offer” that’s bull****. You 2 talk about the mods have a right to run the site like they want, you’re right. They also have a duty to enforce the rules. Just one nitwits opinion.

Was looking for a 226. One for cell with a listed price. PM’d and said I’d take it. No haggle, no low ball, just I’ll take it. OP responded with, let me see what other offers I get. That’s bull****. You don’t respond to me, no problem. You ignore me, no problem. You just don’t want to sail to me, no problem. But to offer full asking and to get told, “looking for a better offer” that’s bull****. You 2 talk about the mods have a right to run the site like they want, you’re right. They also have a duty to enforce the rules. Just one nitwits opinion.
I used to raise all kind of ban worthy hell over this, even ran some "tests" with a friend to see how it would work. Then wrote a primer on how to conduct them (auctions). Finally came out in conversations that a sailor is free to sail to anyone they want for any reason they want. Well now. That means if a sailor doesn't reply to your "I'll take it at the price you asked" the way you want, then your bid wasn't high enough.

I just don't get all worked up over it anymore.

The rules are enforced very inconsistently... It all depends on who you are...

My point being, I got the warning email from the exalted ones for changing the spelling of words there by bypassing the sensors on restricted words yet auctions are becoming common place. I got no problem with auctions. Either change the name from ODT to Gunbroker South or enforce the rules.

aw STFU, same damn **** day after day.Move on if you dont like it

I will point this out. Yes, there are these threads, day after day, after day...

However, it's usually someone different making it, lots of people joining in, and the same core 6-10 members staunchly defending $900 Glocks, $2 per round Wolf 9mm or silent auctions...

A quick perusal through these threads over the past several months, shows that the number of people pissed or frustrated about these things, outnumber the ones supportive of them, by 5 to 1, at least. The people who are annoyed, the "whiners", are by far the majority over those that "whine about the whiners"...

Just saying...

Back
Top Bottom