• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Sauer $10M Lawsuit - P320 accidental discharge

Looks like she WAS using a SERPA. That's reasonable doubt right there.

I watched this video the other day. It was a serious matter. Serpa holsters are banned at Sig Academy and most agencies have banned them too. I used one at my last job with a Beretta M9 - never had an issue.

Folks are sending the video to me at work like crazy (I am a Sig Classic and P320 armorer for my agency), I think they want an answer that I can't provide.

The footage of the cop getting out of his rig and the gun discharging was a bit startling.

Do not point a gun at anything you do not want to destroy. She broke the rule, she paid a high price. Why the hell would a detective carry a gun off body anyway? Lots of stupid in that article.

I watched this video the other day. It was a serious matter. Serpa holsters are banned at Sig Academy and most agencies have banned them too. I used one at my last job with a Beretta M9 - never had an issue.

Folks are sending the video to me at work like crazy (I am a Sig Classic and P320 armorer for my agency), I think they want an answer that I can't provide.

The footage of the cop getting out of his rig and the gun discharging was a bit startling.
There’s a fair bit of difference between the trigger dynamics of an M9 and any stiker fired pistol. Not that I’d endorse a SERPA for any pistol with that particular style of retention

My uneducated guess would be something in the holster (debris, piece of clothing, etc) pushed the trigger when he pushed down on the gun to obtain master grip. Assuming things went as he described.

That aside, are the P365 fcg & internal safeties just downsized versions of the P320, or are they significantly different?

The holster theory doesn’t work based on what was stated.
He was “drawing the weapon” ...any drag from a holster would pull the trigger the wrong direction to fire. Again, finger went in before leather, kydex, plastic was cleared... again, my 02
Yuuuppp…. Finger’s fault…
Easy for him to blame his incompetence into the firearm, without being rebuked…..

Back
Top Bottom