• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF really happening?

paisa777

Default rank <50 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
So please don't take this as an insult or to say that I'm laughing at anybody. But I have been thinking about all of the stuff I need/want to get, (more sidearms, shotgun, AR, knives) things like that. Then I got to thinking of what are the chances of a SHTF scenario really happening? So, how many of you actually believe you'll be in a SHTF situation in your lifetime? Or do you mainly feel that all of the stuff you've been compiling will just be inherited by your children someday?

My sister in law crapped her pants in a her brand new Sebring convertible after eating at a Chinese restaurant with a grade of 80 once. There was no fan around.

I fell the likelihood is low, I mainly use it as an excuse the way you can find an excuse for anything else. but either way i figure im hedging my bet that it will, and if not kool i still have a few kool toy's to play with.

No, the chances are low. However, it's like carrying a weapon. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I think it has already started. Watch and see what happens when gas hits $6.00 a gallon and more. Forcing the price of everything we touch to go up. Just for fun read up on Hyperinflation.

Maybe it is something in the genes, but I just believe in trying to prepare to keep my loved ones in a good situation, no matter what. We see some troubling signs all around us, so- when you see storm clouds rising, you purchase an umbrella. I like the old addage "I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it". << (I was typing this while Bear44 was posting; didn't see it until after I hit 'Save'- hah!)
Plus, like MYCAR47562 says, in the mean time, I'll have some cool toys to play around with!

Either way it's a good investment.

I believe that something will happen within the next decade (not like an endgame scenario but some financial or natural disaster that could leave us high and dry for a few months). The balloon can only hold so much air before it pops and there is alot of $%#$%#$%#$%# continuing to pile up, there is the reality that there oil supplies are almost tapped, unrest all over the world, everyone is broke. It wouldn't take much to tip the scales, I thought about this during the "horrible blizzard" we had this year. I went to Kroger I believe the third day...shelves were basically empty, no meat, water, milk, bread, eggs...etc. What if something serious happened like half of GA blows a grid and power is not available for a week? No power means no water, gas, food would be depleted in a few days. How many people you think only have a few days worth of food and probably no water on hand? It would not take long for metropolitan /poor areas to start to panic. I'm not scared of it, and I don't prepare because I am afraid. Same reason I have fire extinguishers, I don't go to sleep every night worrying about my house catching fire BUT if I happen to wake up and it is I sure as hell want to have them available, and at that point there is time to run to Home Depot to get one.

Well, remember what 19KILO said..."FEMA was preparing for possible problems if gas went sky high!" well boy's it's happening! I saw on the news today that they predict gas to be $4 per gallon by summer! Will it even get higher than that? My big question is "why isn't our government tapping into the reserve and giving us a little relief?" If this continues, it will drive the cost of living through the roof! We're already in big trouble...this could put the icing on the cake!

I don't dwell on it but I have a couple weapons because I like them and it is my duty to be able to protect my family from harm.
I always have probably a month supply of canned food, bottled water and emergency medical supplies on hand, again to protect my family.
These are not because I'm a SHTF die hard..it's because of my background, I believe in being prepared not for SHTF, but any emergency.
At any time due to flood, tornado, ice storm etc , you could be without power and unable to travel for several days..EVERYONE should prepare and maintain an emergency kit to see their family thru at least 1 full week. Recommended by Red Cross and GEMA.

Back
Top Bottom