Shortage of everything?

I don't think its so much items as the labor to put it all together.

Yes, you are correct as well and I should have mentioned that too. The waves of covid related absenteeism at the overseas plants also attributes to their output, or rather, lack of. Been running into that quite a bit.

Then on top of all this, I get the ship stuck in the Suez Canal as blame. It never ends.

Welcome to the pitfalls of buying cheap, foreign made products for decades. Now we have become somewhat dependent upon these things, we have forgotten how to be independent.

It's not just foreign trade. It's local suppliers as well. We get a lot of our stuff from Texas and from Illinois. The leads times for a lot of my stuff went from 7 days to about 30 days. It's hurting me bad.

Shortages of raw materials have hit nearly every industrial worldwide, and driving prices up and availability down. Trying to move freight across the ocean is crazy right now, forcing companies to air freight materials. The shortage of people wanting to work in plants has crippled manufacturing. I see it every day in my line of work. Hold tight it’s gonna be a bumpy year.....if not longer.

I was told by my supplier to plan on $110 per sheet of plywood by years end. I buy well over 1000 sheets a year. It hurts. I just unloaded a tractor trailer load today. I'm hoping it will last me the rest of the year. I told my guys if you cut a full sheet I'm kicking their asses.

It's not just foreign trade. It's local suppliers as well. We get a lot of our stuff from Texas and from Illinois. The leads times for a lot of my stuff went from 7 days to about 30 days. It's hurting me bad.

No kidding! Some of our raw materials suppliers in Texas went down had when the blizzard hit. You can’t exactly flip a light switch and restart all plants. Some took weeks to rebound, and their order kept coming in and created a hell of a back log.

Back
Top Bottom