shooting to far away with a handgun

Not really. 100 yds isn't all that far. If you use even a stupid number like 90%, what is the likely hood that a civilian will need to use a weapon to defend themselves or someone else? It's certainly less than 10%. So by your reasoning, there is no need to carry, no need to practice.
No where in any statement did I say you don’t need to practice or carry. I shoot 100 yards for fun because in the real world where I live the odds of being forced to use deadly force past 80 yards is just about zero.

What am I saying is practice for realistic distances first and not this nonsense of self defense at 100+ yards . I know how long a football field is by the way.

In the state of Georgia (outside of the Atlanta metro area) LE and the court systems tend to be very civilian-friendly when it comes to justified deadly force.

Sorry, if someone defenseless is being harmed and I can stop it, I will. Yes, I’m a LEO, but I was that way before. No way I could run away and leave someone to did when I could have made a difference. I couldn’t live with myself.
And then your wreckless behavior and deciding to engage someone at 90 yards which results in a miss , hits a mailbox and strikes a child ... what then?

You can tell they are defenseless from that far away?

You heart has no place in your holster . Only your brain should occupy that space. I’m not a cop and I’m not risking my life or putting others in danger unless I have no choice . Shooting someone is suppose to be a last resort.

Also your faith in our court system is far greater than mine. I’m not about to destroy everything I worked hard for to defend myself in court because I wanted to be the last action hero from 100 yards away. No thanks. I’d also be very angry if you harmed a loved one of mine because you decided to shoot 86 yards across a parking lot

In the state of Georgia (outside of the Atlanta metro area) LE and the court systems tend to be very civilian-friendly when it comes to justified deadly force.

Sorry, if someone defenseless is being harmed and I can stop it, I will. Yes, I’m a LEO, but I was that way before. No way I could run away and leave someone to did when I could have made a difference. I couldn’t live with myself.
I never said you shouldn't train at 100 yards with a pistol, I'm just arguing against how often it would be used in real life successfully. Sure most of these guys can shoot easily with a handgun at 100 yards, but how many have experience doing it in a SHTF scenario with their adrenaline thru the roof? I've deployed enough times to see the best shooters miss in a high threat situation.

What if some civilian tries being a hero from 100 yards out and ends up shooting someone innocent due to the conditions I mentioned? Forget the courts, the family of the innocent civilian he killed will vilify him. Specially with people nowadays wanting to sue for any reason. LEOs have some protection against that but civilians who play hero don't.

I never said you shouldn't train at 100 yards with a pistol, I'm just arguing against how often it would be used in real life successfully. Sure most of these guys can shoot easily with a handgun at 100 yards, but how many have experience doing it in a SHTF scenario with their adrenaline thru the roof? I've deployed enough times to see the best shooters miss in a high threat situation.

What if some civilian tries being a hero from 100 yards out and ends up shooting someone innocent due to the conditions I mentioned? Forget the courts, the family of the innocent civilian he killed will vilify him. Specially with people nowadays wanting to sue for any reason. LEOs have some protection against that but civilians who play hero don't.
You have a way with words that surpasses me. Well put . Period . Dot dot dot .

Why not shoot a pistol at 100 yards or more? I enjoy the challenge and some day I will only take a handgun hunting with me.
I say that every year but it never seems to happen

Back
Top Bottom