• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shooting the new Geissele Super Duty 16 inch AR 15

I find myself lusting after the 14.5 FGDE.....my one question that I couldnt seem to answer on the website is the difference between Govt profile and the regular. Everything listed in the description is mil spec for both.
Govt profile---think Colt 6920 barrel, with different diameter sectoons of the barrel.
Regular---tapering profile, no provision for the underbarrel grenade launcher. Not an issue for me.
Gov profile was added this summer.
DDC is gorgeous. But, since it is hard coat anodizing shades will differ on the parts. Sometime it more, sometime it is less. On my DDC charging handle is lighter than the rest of the rifle, IIRC. Sights (bought separatly) match each other, but are slightly different than the rest of the rifle.
Luna Black rifle, all of its parts, and black sights match 100%.

Govt profile---think Colt 6920 barrel, with different diameter sectoons of the barrel.
Regular---tapering profile, no provision for the underbarrel grenade launcher. Not an issue for me.
Gov profile was added this summer.
DDC is gorgeous. But, since it is hard coat anodizing shades will differ on the parts. Sometime it more, sometime it is less. On my DDC charging handle is lighter than the rest of the rifle, IIRC. Sights (bought separatly) match each other, but are slightly different than the rest of the rifle.
Luna Black rifle, all of its parts, and black sights match 100%.
OK Thanx for that info. Govt profile isnt in my needs either. I do like the DDC!

Back
Top Bottom