• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting Firearms on Property in Toccoa

If it is my property....im shooting ...nothing after dark...in a verifiable safe area..and as often as I possibly can...I had one lady that liked to call the cops..and they have no issue with anything ... just made a few laps..and never came back...its your property...make someone explain why the hell you can't exercise your God given right..come on back

I lived just outside of the Toccoa city limits and would shot in my backyard. It was a neighborhood that backed to a forest. Never had any police involvement. All of my neighbors would shot as well. Guess it depends on your neighborhood and if the Toccoa police are bored or they aren’t on there cell phones.

Yes please. The property I would assume is within city limits but the closest neighbor is miles away and surrounding neighbors all have equal amounts of large lots.
You live there?
If so why wouldn’t you know if it’s in city limits?
What am I missing

Anyone here live in Toccoa and have any knowledge of if it is acceptable to shoot on your own property?

Referencing O.C.G.A. § 16-11-103 I see the following:
Discharge of gun or pistol near public highway or street
A person is guilty of a misdemeanor when, without legal justification, he discharges a gun or pistol on or within 50 yards of a public highway or street.

The home and property we are scoping out is on approximately 9 acres.

Appreciate any and all input.
is it inside the city limits?

Best bet is go to court house and ask the specifics on it. Get a copy and keep it with you

Solid advice here, I did this at my house in Lagrange and got a visit from a few deputies. Ended up making a few friends and shot some rounds together while a neighbor who made the call stood and watched lmao!

Back
Top Bottom