• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting Firearms on Property in Toccoa

I shoot in Lavonia and I’m only on an acre. I only shoot .22 but still pretty loud. My neighbors never complain and I don’t complain when they shoot. No one really sits there and shoots more than a magazine though. Country folks are pretty tolerant of it but I’d still get to know the neighbors beforehand.
Good advice. I'd more than likely only shoot on the weekends. Too busy during the week at the moment to make noise. I also plan on mostly shooting .22lr but will occasionally bring out the bigger caliber. I have a nice little cache of subsonic rounds and a few cans to quiet it down. If that's still too much I'll shoot my bolt action, suppressed with some super colibri rounds to scratch the itch. Sounds like a mosquito fart.

Don’t use adjoining property as a backstop. I know that should be common sense but I have had that problem as the immigrants surrounded me. Folks move and buy a spec of dirt and think it’s alright to shoot into the woods they don’t own.
Yes sir, definitely know better. We will have a nice large lot that has various grades so it should be easy to build out a proper backstop on my property.

Sounds like the NFA shoots are going to be in your new backyard I see!! We need the address so we can test the property before you buy!! :whoo::whoo:

Good advice. I'd more than likely only shoot on the weekends. Too busy during the week at the moment to make noise. I also plan on mostly shooting .22lr but will occasionally bring out the bigger caliber. I have a nice little cache of subsonic rounds and a few cans to quiet it down. If that's still too much I'll shoot my bolt action, suppressed with some super colibri rounds to scratch the itch. Sounds like a mosquito fart.

Yes sir, definitely know better. We will have a nice large lot that has various grades so it should be easy to build out a proper backstop on my property.

If you're shooting suppressed, then unless you are shooting supersonic rounds, I don't think anyone will know your shooting on 9 acres. Hell, I've shot thousands of suppressed rounds in my old backyard, 22lr, 9mm, 300blk, my neighbors 30 yards away never knew. I was shooting my CZ scorpion one day, stopped to chat with my neighbor, he literally thought I was always building stuff with a nail gun, lol. He never cared anyway.

But, make sure you stop those bullets safely, even subsonic rounds will skip right off a backstop and travel a couple hundred yards with a nice zzzzzzzziiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggg. That's the cool part of suppressed shooting, you get to hear what the bullet does once it leaves the barrel.

If you're shooting suppressed, then unless you are shooting supersonic rounds, I don't think anyone will know your shooting on 9 acres. Hell, I've shot thousands of suppressed rounds in my old backyard, 22lr, 9mm, 300blk, my neighbors 30 yards away never knew. I was shooting my CZ scorpion one day, stopped to chat with my neighbor, he literally thought I was always building stuff with a nail gun, lol. He never cared anyway.

But, make sure you stop those bullets safely, even subsonic rounds will skip right off a backstop and travel a couple hundred yards with a nice zzzzzzzziiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggg. That's the cool part of suppressed shooting, you get to hear what the bullet does once it leaves the barrel.
Yeah, I'll have a decent backstop for sure. I've noticed subsonic rounds actually deflect more frequently so I'll have a nice soft backstop to make sure the projectiles can be absorbed and not end up where they aren't intended.

Back
Top Bottom