• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting crossbow on property in Dallas

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
I know it's probably been posted before, but I didn't find a thread about my particular circumstances. I live in a neighborhood within Dallas city limits. I want to shoot my crossbow behind my house, and I have room for it. So assuming I have a good backdrop and adequate space, can I legally shoot in my yard? I'll probably be about 150 ft. off the road, not sure if that matters with a crossbow. Sorry if it's been asked before, but like I said I couldn't find any info that applies to me. My second choice would be to go to Pitner Rd., but I'd much rather save the time and gas and just do it in my own yard. Thanks!

If none of your neighbors can see I would just go ahead and shoot it. I shoot my bow all the time in my back yard- not legal advise

The only neighbors that could see are the most "worried" neighbors in my neighborhood. They also happen to be the loudest, most annoying ones. I have a fence up, but it's not privacy fence. I'm sure they'll call no matter what, just want to make sure I'm not breaking any ordinances.

This is the closest I can find, looks like I'm good to go as you guys have said. It does mention pellet guns, but no mention of any bows or archery. Let me know what you think... "Sec. 24-3. - Discharging firearms.

It shall be unlawful for any person or persons to discharge any firearms including, but not limited to, rifles, pistols, shotguns, pellet guns, dynamite caps or other explosives within the corporate limits of the city unless:

(1)

In defense of person, property or habitation;

(2)

By any police officer engaged in the discharge of his official duties;

(3)

By persons engaged in military duties or exercises;

(4)

With written permission of the mayor and council of the city."

Just how in the hell did a pellet rifle become a firearm?
Don't you just love politics?

This is the closest I can find, looks like I'm good to go as you guys have said. It does mention pellet guns, but no mention of any bows or archery. Let me know what you think... "Sec. 24-3. - Discharging firearms.

It shall be unlawful for any person or persons to discharge any firearms including, but not limited to, rifles, pistols, shotguns, pellet guns, dynamite caps or other explosives within the corporate limits of the city unless:

(1)

In defense of person, property or habitation;

(2)

By any police officer engaged in the discharge of his official duties;

(3)

By persons engaged in military duties or exercises;

(4)

With written permission of the mayor and council of the city."

You may want to get in touch with local LE. When I lived in Clayton Co there was no discharging of a firearm within city limits. Now , heres the kicker...Clayton Co considered everything a firearm, including a slingshot! Could no longer practice in my backyard with my bow!!!!

Back
Top Bottom