• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shims Causing Suppressor Alignment Issues

Here’s a pic:

015C8B75-5099-41A6-848A-AC111D7AD72A.jpeg

I think just need some thicker shims. It stays concentric when I use the thicker shims amd center then before tightening. Once I ass the thin shims and tighten, they “squish” out the sides and course the issue.

Here’s a pic:

View attachment 3600039

I think just need some thicker shims. It stays concentric when I use the thicker shims amd center then before tightening. Once I ass the thin shims and tighten, they “squish” out the sides and course the issue.

Well the shoulder does look 90° square, but the relief looks pretty thick.
Sounds like it could be the thread relief and the shims not staying centered. Not sure how I’ll keep them centered when torquing but I’ll give that a shot.

After seeing the pic, I "think" you might be right with this statement. So either a thick washer or the Surefire washer should take up that gap? I'm just spitballing at this point. Did the other website come to any conclusions?

I had this happen when trying go install a GA tac comp. It only took one shim but when torqued to get it timed the shim shifted on one side and caused just enough cant on the comp to cause baffle strikes. I remedied it by just switching to a flash hider.

Well the shoulder does look 90° square, but the relief looks pretty thick.

After seeing the pic, I "think" you might be right with this statement. So either a thick washer or the Surefire washer should take up that gap? I'm just spitballing at this point. Did the other website come to any conclusions?
Well, I ordered the Surefire shim set and the thick washer covered the relief and timed the brake perfectly without any other shims. The suppressor is properly aligned now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Well, I ordered the Surefire shim set and the thick washer covered the relief and timed the brake perfectly without any other shims. The suppressor is properly aligned now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Great news! Glad to have helped!

That's awesome you didn't need to add any shims either.

Ready to see the finished product!!

Back
Top Bottom