• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shims Causing Suppressor Alignment Issues

This doesn't sound right either, you should be able to torque the mount to spec without the shims deforming. I'm still scratching my head on this
As one of the GA owners said in his post on the other forum, there’s a thread relief machined between the threads and shoulder that’s causing the shims to become nonconcentric.

As one of the GA owners said in his post on the other forum, there’s a thread relief machined between the threads and shoulder that’s causing the shims to become nonconcentric.
Ah. That's what I was referring to in post #17. You have to use the chamfered shim first and then use the other shims to clock...I should have worded my post better.

PM me your address and I'll mail you a set. Can't beat that!
Awwww dammit! Well I tried to hook ya up!
Thanks man, I appreciate it very much. I was just looking at the Surefire shim set and I think I’ll end up with the same issue. I’ll post a pic of the issue a little later.

Thanks man, I appreciate it very much. I was just looking at the Surefire shim set and I think I’ll end up with the same issue. I’ll post a pic of the issue a little later.

Here's a video about the Surefire equipment. Around the 2 minute mark is where he mentions the chamfered washer.

When you look at the Surefire shim kits online, they don't mention the washer but it is included. In the pic you'll see a bunch of color-coded shims. The washer is the shiny one that isn't color-coded.

Actually I lied. My old one does have the color code on it but you can also see it's very thick compared to the shims, so you can't mistake it for anything else.

20211018_145506.jpg
20211018_145526.jpg
20211018_145534.jpg

Back
Top Bottom