• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Settle an argument please - brick masons?

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
228   0
Reaction score
In NC. At friend's house. She claims the inspector told her that she'd need to have someone come use steel wool to scrub all the rust off this header plate. There's another over the garage door. I say he's full of schitt and probably shouldn't be an inspector based on the other ****ed up shyte I've seen here (that he never mentions) from improperly installed boots to rats nest service panels.

She learned from a "handy man" that the rust could be scrubbed off both pieces of bar stock for $350. I say bullshyte! Con, total con.

The stock may be a flat on angle iron and it's 1/8th inch thick. I can't find any NC residential code that calls for "rust free" bar stock in header construction.

Why couldn't I simply hit it with some phosphating solution and be done? It's not exposed to rain at all.

This area of retired and widowed women is prime targeting area for scammers and charlatans.
20230830_182139.jpg

In NC. At friend's house. She claims the inspector told her that she'd need to have someone come use steel wool to scrub all the rust off this header plate. There's another over the garage door. I say he's full of schitt and probably shouldn't be an inspector based on the other ****ed up shyte I've seen here (that he never mentions) from improperly installed boots to rats nest service panels.

She learned from a "handy man" that the rust could be scrubbed off both pieces of bar stock for $350. I say bullshyte! Con, total con.

The stock may be a flat on angle iron and it's 1/8th inch thick. I can't find any NC residential code that calls for "rust free" bar stock in header construction.

Why couldn't I simply hit it with some phosphating solution and be done? It's not exposed to rain at all.

This area of retired and widowed women is prime targeting area for scammers and charlatans.
View attachment 6159025
yeah, he’s an idiot

We call brick lintels "red iron."
They're actually cold formed steel that's painted "red" with an anti-corrosion paint

They're not supposed to be rusty.
Grind/ clean off the visible rust and coat it with primer.

Thanks! Lintel is the word I was looking for! I'm just going to hit it with oshpo and paint it whatever color she wants.

Told her I would "hepp her out and git it done fer only $300, save fifty dollah!"

View attachment 6159025
get his name, and the county he works for will flood the number

Back
Top Bottom