• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Serrated Or Not? That is the question...

I know some people hate serrated and yeah, I've seen some crappy serrations... pretty much a waste. I carry a partially serrated blade and honestly, have use the serrated bit as much as the "straight" edge so it works well for me. I wouldn't recommend full serrated... too limited but half -n- half seemed to work well.

Flash-II-Serrated-1.jpg

I'm sure everyone will have their opinion... but I like a plain edge because it cuts instead of tearing through things. And even though I have the round/triangle shaped sharpening stones, I can't do a good job sharpening the serrated edge. Plain edges are no problem to sharpen.

Now for rope and similar stranded things, serrated does cut better.

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_03_13_bamuzy8a.jpg

This works for my EDC. First it's not expensive so I'm not loosing sleep if it breaks or I lose it. Second the serrations just seem to work better on rope, twine or even light gauge wire. I've carried it for about 2 years every day.

I'm sure everyone will have their opinion... but I like a plain edge because it cuts instead of tearing through things. And even though I have the round/triangle shaped sharpening stones, I can't do a good job sharpening the serrated edge. Plain edges are no problem to sharpen.

Now for rope and similar stranded things, serrated does cut better.

What he said. I just don't dig it and have no need for it.

Back
Top Bottom