• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Send a Quick Message to Sen. Chambliss and Sen. Isakson

dougiemac

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
119   0
Reaction score
If you have a free minute, please visit Senator Chambliss and Senator Isakson's "Contact" web site and let them know that we want to them to strike down any knee jerk legislation that would compromise our rights as gun owners. There are some bills being amended floating around the Senate that could affect our rights as gun owners, including banning high capacity magazines (anything of 10 rds for all calibers with the exception of .22). This is the first round of gun control in response to the Aurora, CO theater shooting. We need to contact our senators immediately and get this stopped. GA Senators are Saxby Johnny Isakson and Saxby Chambliss.

Here's a sample of what I wrote. Feel free to write your own, or copy and paste with you contact info.

Dear Senator Chambliss (or replace with Senator Isakson),

Please do not allow knee jerk reactions to such horrible atrocities such as the Aurora Theater Shooting dictate gun policy and threaten our Constitution by banning high capacity magazines or any particular type of weapon such as the AR-15. Doing such does not solve the problem, but only punishes those who are law abiding U.S. citizens who legally own firearms. One of founding father George Mason was once quoted saying, "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." Please stand up for the millions of law abiding U.S. citizens who own firearms legally and help to make this nation the greatest nation in the world and vote down any new form of gun control that may arise.

Thank you for your time and for your service.

Sincerely,

Johnny Isakson be contacted here: Email http://isakson.senate.gov/contact.cfm

Washington:

United States Senate
131 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-3643 Fax: (202) 228-0724

Atlanta:
One Overton Park
3625 Cumberland Blvd, Suite 970
Atlanta, GA 30339
Tel: (770) 661-0999 Fax: (770) 661-0768

Saxby Chambliss can be contacted here: Email http://www.chambliss.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/email

Washington:

416 Russell Senate Office Building​
Washington, DC 20510​
Main: 202-224-3521​

North Georgia Office

100 Galleria Parkway​
Suite 1340​
Atlanta, GA 30339​
Main: 770-763-9090​
Fax: 770-226-8633​

East Georgia Office

3633 Wheeler Road​
Suite 270​
Augusta, GA 30909​
Main: 706-650-1555​
Fax: 706-650-7985​

Middle Georgia Office

300 Mulberry Street​
Suite 502​
Macon, GA 31201​
Main: 478-741-1417​
Fax: 478-741-1437​
Toll free: 800-234-4208​

South Georgia Office

585 South Main Street​
P.O. Box 3217​
Moultrie, GA 31776​
Main: 229-985-2112​
Fax: 229-985-2123

Last edited:
Did that very thing over a week ago and will do it again before any votes come about.
It's a good idea to keep it in people's minds..Thanks.

Thanks Badger. I just got an e-mail from GeorgiaCarry.Org that reminded me of it. And although there is no "right" thing to write when you send them a message stating you want them to protect our rights as gun owners, I wanted to help others who may not know what to write or have the time to write it by providing them the links, addresses and even the message they could include.

Senator Chambliss' response:

"Thank you for writing me regarding the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. It is good to hear from you on this important issue.
We must ensure the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens are not infringed upon. Sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety have a right to own guns for these legitimate purposes. The ability of decent, hard-working Americans to own a gun, whether for sport or protection is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised. Only a government that does not trust its citizens would refuse them the right to bear arms.

Since coming to Congress, I have worked very hard to defeat efforts to erode our constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Rest assured, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and I will continue to ensure the rights of gun owners will not be further infringed upon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance to you in the future. In the meantime, if you would like to receive timely e-mail alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov."

Back
Top Bottom