• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Selller tells you someone pm'd and offered a higher price...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but a deal is not closed until we have determined a time and place of a meet as well as all terms have been met. even saying "I'll take it" doesn't guarantee the purchase. Until time, date, location and terms are agreed upon, there is NO deal. If you happen to back out after a meet has been arranged, then it's cause for a negative feedback. Sorry, but you didn't arrange the meet before he got the offer.

Chalk it up to ethics, have priced some items too low before myself but never crawfished to the first offer even after I realized it was too low of a price.. Stay with those that have good feedback..

Never said it constituted a deal... I made it clear I must see pics before I commit to come get it... Definately not frustrated... more trying to shine light on 1 of 2 things...A shady new member trying to get more than posted price or a current member offering more money to sway a buy to his liking. And from the sound of it some members are in favor of 1 or the other practice at hand..
You said you "may take it". This does not constitute a deal.
He came up with a story to fish for more money. Slimmy. I understand your frustration but your argument for a negative feedback holds no ground due to the fact you did not say you would take it.

Never said it constituted a deal... I made it clear I must see pics before I commit to come get it... Definately not frustrated... more trying to shine light on 1 of 2 things...A shady new member trying to get more than posted price or a current member offering more money to sway a buy to his liking. And from the sound of it some members are in favor of 1 or the other.

Too much on semantics here, be a gentleman, treat others as gentleman being truthful, open, honest. This will solve these tedious dissentions on whether or not one was honorable in their intent to deal. Trust your intuition also, bad vibes-no deal. Just MO

Last edited:
The way I read it is you told him you MAY come get it. If I were the seller I wouldn't say a thing to you about my other "offers" but I would consider you a "MAYBE" until you changed it to "I'll take it". Then if I had a previous offer for my asking price or better I would tellyou "sorry, I have a prior "I'll Take it".

A contract isn't agreed on until one party makes an offer and the other party accepts the offer. Once that happens, however, a higher price should not induce either party to break the contract. That is unethical.

I agree Mdog. I may come get it is far from I'll take it. I don't think anything unethical happened here because there was never a deal. I don't see anything wrong with what the seller did by letting him know there was already an offer on the table. I wouldn't have done it that way but he did and I think he was just letting him know what was going on. If he had left negative feedback for me on this one, I would've had it removed because we had no deal in the first place. If he wanted to be the buyer, he should've committed in the first place. Bottom line here is, he needed pics to commit to the product and someone else made an offer sight unseen. Crap happens. I say, If you want it badly, Commit.

NEW question?? Is it Ethical on the ODT to now take a higher offered price over posted price... Because it seems that no one is touching that issue...many of you are evading with the "I will take it" -vs- "I may pending pics"

NEW question?? Is it Ethical on the ODT to now take a higher offered price over posted price... Because it seems that no one is touching that issue...many of you are evading with the "I will take it" -vs- "I may pending pics"

.......yeah, if I've got say, 30 pm's on a gun and a thread full of responses and there's one guy that wants it so much more than everyone else that he's going to pay more than my asking price, I'm gonna take his offer. Sorry.

another conspiracy theorist...no everyone is not out to separate you and your dough...don't be so negative. I haven't run into many folks on here that i wouldn't deal with again. Just sayin'

most of the folks ive dealt with here go out of their way to help.and i remain positive.but theirs always one bad apple.just being honest.had 2 to back out lately after i'll take it.and one no show.won't deter me from dealing.but will definetly go by their feedback score from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom