• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Selller tells you someone pm'd and offered a higher price...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zastava

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   1
Reaction score
Ok Im sure I was the 1st to respond to an AD and say and it went like this...

pinckneytrspt said:
SELLER said:
pinckneytrspt said:
how about some pics, I may come get it
Im having trouble uploading pic for my profile so give me your cell number and ill send some from my phone and just to let you know someones offering 450 so if you can go higher than that cool if you cant no problem

Just to let you know, this is a upstanding outdoors site with upstanding member. where people post an item for sale and then sell it to usually the 1 st person who say they will take it . Which is basically what I did provided you sent pics... revealing that your taking a higher offer or insinuating its a bid item will get you a negative feedback...FYI..Especially since your new I wouldnt recomment you go that route..

Balls in you court..

Just thought I would expose some of the hidden stuff going on thats probably the cause of a lot of backed out deals here lately.
What now???

The way I read it is you told him you MAY come get it. If I were the seller I wouldn't say a thing to you about my other "offers" but I would consider you a "MAYBE" until you changed it to "I'll take it". Then if I had a previous offer for my asking price or better I would tellyou "sorry, I have a prior "I'll Take it".

A contract isn't agreed on until one party makes an offer and the other party accepts the offer. Once that happens, however, a higher price should not induce either party to break the contract. That is unethical.

Dont take this the wrong way...Think about the question you asked.. would you bother asking someone other than the 1st responder if they wanted to offer more money..doesnt quite make sense..but if you would like to spin that senario ,cool
so someone offered him more for his item before you pm'd him?

Dont take this the wrong way...Think about the question you asked.. would you bother asking someone other than the 1st responder if they wanted to offer more money..doesnt quite make sense..but if you would like to spin that senario ,cool

if someone sent me a pm for an item "would you take $450?" for an item I have listed for $500 or something I may take it or I could think about it and see if I could get more. I don't have to sell you my item unless you say you'll take it at asking price. Maybe he was trying to wait for asking price?

I kind of agree with the earlier post. Probably BS to squeeze you for more $$$. So he sold the item?

Last edited:
if someone sent me a pm for an item "would you take $450?" for an item I have listed for $500 or something I may take it or I could think about it and see if I could get more. I don't have to sell you my item unless you say you'll take it at asking price. Maybe he was trying to wait for asking price?

Your going the wrong way...the issue I have is someone offering more not less than posted price, that nobody would have a problem payin because its a helluva deal..I just want to know if this practice is the new approved ODT method of doing business.

Probably so!! I dont know if its sold or not..really dont want anything to do with the deal. At this point the seller can close the deal with the mystery member who offered more money and just close the post with not another word said.
I kind of agree with the earlier post. Probably BS to squeeze you for more $$$. So he sold the item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom