• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Selller tells you someone pm'd and offered a higher price...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said it constituted a deal... I made it clear I must see pics before I commit to come get it... Definately not frustrated... more trying to shine light on 1 of 2 things...A shady new member trying to get more than posted price or a current member offering more money to sway a buy to his liking. And from the sound of it some members are in favor of 1 or the other practice at hand..

Here's what you meed to understand. Until you have a verbal or written contract, there is no deal. Saying ill take it means nothing, even saying deal doesn't constitute you're obligated to sell. What constitutes a verbal contract is having arrangements to meet, a time, a place, confrmstion on both parties, exchanging of phone numbers... until all those terms can be agreed upon, there is no deal. You may say deal to the price, but the meeting negotiations will determine whether or not you have a true deal. Until then you are simply talking about it, but once you have them, you have agreed on a meet and are obligated to sell.

Your being quite the meatwad tonight I see..

i was thinking the samething.. i see nothing wrong with the thread you have said no ones name or anything so post away.. but then again im not a mod or one of there pets.. so im sure i will catch some heat for this.. but to the op yeah that was some bs way to get you to pay more..

most of the folks ive dealt with here go out of their way to help.and i remain positive.but theirs always one bad apple.just being honest.had 2 to back out lately after i'll take it.and one no show.won't deter me from dealing.but will definetly go by their feedback score from now on.

Agreed. The feedback is there for a reason. I would totally agree with your decision. I have had a couple of folks that have not held up there end and I left negative FB so others could see that they may or may not be able to count on that particular persons word. It's only fair and it is what the FB system is designed to do. Eventually, the wishy washy folks that go back and forth will get enough negative that folks will not want to deal with them. At least I hope so...

I don't think this place should start being GB-Jr. or evilBay for guns. Bidding wars suck...and that's not what this place was founded on - hence the requirement to post a price or trade value for an item.

And as far as someone offering more than listed price...well, I'd be tempted if they were the first ITI in my PM box. Otherwise, first ITI at listed price gets first chance to meet and buy/trade. If you are #25 of 30 and want to up the bid...probably too late already if I am the seller.

This I have come to understand from A Meatwad who openly admits he would post an item for a price, which is the same as agreeing to sell that item at the stated price...and then you openly agree you will turn around and sell it for a higher price... true ethics learned from a Meatwad:D...Thread closed as you desired.

Here's what you meed to understand. Until you have a verbal or written contract, there is no deal. Saying ill take it means nothing, even saying deal doesn't constitute you're obligated to sell. What constitutes a verbal contract is having arrangements to meet, a time, a place, confrmstion on both parties, exchanging of phone numbers... until all those terms can be agreed upon, there is no deal. You may say deal to the price, but the meeting negotiations will determine whether or not you have a true deal. Until then you are simply talking about it, but once you have them, you have agreed on a meet and are obligated to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom