• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scotch Whiskey Suggestions.

And they taste like you’ve licked a charcoal briquette.
(Not that there’s anything wrong with that)
Laphroaig definitely has an asphalt and bandaid flavor to it. It's an acquired taste, but once you come to aprpeciate where the flavors come from it all comes into focus. Lagavulin is much more balanced between smoke and the sweetness of heather and honey.

Scotch is a slippery expensive slope. Probably start out with Dewars or Chivas Regal. Once you try the single malts you can't go back to the blends. Any Johnnie Walker blend except red is good. So maybe try the black label and if you dig that just stick with it. The prices only go up from there.

Scotch is a slippery expensive slope. Probably start out with Dewars or Chivas Regal. Once you try the single malts you can't go back to the blends. Any Johnnie Walker blend except red is good. So maybe try the black label and if you dig that just stick with it. The prices only go up from there.
I’ve tried all the cheaper stuff through the years, but I have developed a more refined taste. Price while while a limit isn’t as important as quality, I’ll do without before going back to the cheaper stuff. (My head feels better the next day. LOL)

I’ve tried all the cheaper stuff through the years, but I have developed a more refined taste. Price while while a limit isn’t as important as quality, I’ll do without before going back to the cheaper stuff. (My head feels better the next day. LOL)
Scotch chart.jpg

Agreed... I for one buy for taste not effect. Effect is a added bonus.

Back
Top Bottom