• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

school me on watches

Save and splurge on a vintage rolex. You can get your money back if you ever get into a tight situation.
If you buy right, modern Rolex can be just as safe. Buy models that are 4-5 years old and have depreciated and normalized within the market. The Datejust I have listed is a good example of that as it will not go below $7k again given that dial and it's MSRP of $10,350.00.

im going to get a newer or lightly used rolex

i know they dont keep the best time but they hold great value and i want a nice watch to wear

im going to get a newer or lightly used rolex

i know they dont keep the best time but they hold great value and i want a nice watch to wear
I bought a breitling. I'm in sales and if I sported a Rolex on my wrist, I'd never hear the end of it from my customers... Even though most of them are pretty well off. It was tough for me to do, because I've always wanted a Rolex and got to the point in my life where I could afford one. I'm very happy with my Breitling and it goes pretty unnoticed.... Although occasionally someone knows watches and says something. The same goes for my vehicle. I drive a truck that cost as much as a Lexus, but I catch no grief....

I bought a breitling. I'm in sales and if I sported a Rolex on my wrist, I'd never hear the end of it from my customers... Even though most of them are pretty well off. It was tough for me to do, because I've always wanted a Rolex and got to the point in my life where I could afford one. I'm very happy with my Breitling and it goes pretty unnoticed.... Although occasionally someone knows watches and says something. The same goes for my vehicle. I drive a truck that cost as much as a Lexus, but I catch no grief....
i like breitlings but if im gonna drop money on (jewelry) then i gotta go with the rolex, name branding and what not

as far as watches that work good, hard to beat a 12 dollar digital casio hahah. im looking at a nice lum-tec right now. either thqat, or [possibly a tag heur

When I had my plane I always wore my Breitling Emergency and would test it each time before taking off, it was pretty cool and made me feel like they could find my remains if I crashed and burned, lol.
But that watch had to go back to Breitling every 2 years, mostly just to handle the calendar.
That was crazy and expensive.

I use to bring the Rolex I wear, which I inherited from my Dad, in for service every few years, now unless I notice something I'm not bringing it in.
Mostly all they do (that I can see) is shine the damn thing up. It's like a six or eight hundred dollar service!

When I had my plane I always wore my Breitling Emergency and would test it each time before taking off, it was pretty cool and made me feel like they could find my remains if I crashed and burned, lol.
But that watch had to go back to Breitling every 2 years, mostly just to handle the calendar.
That was crazy and expensive.

I use to bring the Rolex I wear, which I inherited from my Dad, in for service every few years, now unless I notice something I'm not bringing it in.
Mostly all they do (that I can see) is shine the damn thing up. It's like a six or eight hundred dollar service!
I've had my Breitling for a few years now and haven't had an issue. They're damn good watches IMO

I've had my Breitling for a few years now and haven't had an issue. They're damn good watches IMO

Oh I never had an issue, it was just supposed to go back in for service every two years.
It was a costly hassle. Maybe it was because it was the "Emergency".

Beautiful watches that keep GREAT time....

i heard rolex services watches for free for most things

Tell me where to take it for a free service and I'll bring it in.....
Otherwise you need to go to a Rolex dealer like Brown & Company on Holcomb Bridge road in Roswell.
It's never been free there....

You may want to check into that free service....
I'd appreciate it! :becky:

Tell me where to take it for a free service and I'll bring it in.....
Otherwise you need to go to a Rolex dealer like Brown & Company on Holcomb Bridge road in Roswell.
It's never been free there....

You may want to check into that free service....
I'd appreciate it! :becky:
Take it to an independent watchmaker so you have more control over what gets serviced. Rolex will change out dials at their discretion and you could be losing thousands... Also Rolex watches do not need servicing every 2 years, but like every 7 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom