• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on Night Vision

Friends don't let friends buy ATN. The customer service is a big issue when needed.
For hunting I have found a helmet mounted like a pvs14 and ir laser to work much better than rifle mounted. With a mounted scope you are constantly scanning with a loaded rifle and it is difficult to navigate.
There are digital style PVS (Sionyx on sale for 399) but they require an IR flashlight.

Friends don't let friends buy ATN. The customer service is a big issue when needed.
For hunting I have found a helmet mounted like a pvs14 and ir laser to work much better than rifle mounted. With a mounted scope you are constantly scanning with a loaded rifle and it is difficult to navigate.
There are digital style PVS (Sionyx on sale for 399) but they require an IR flashlight.

Glad I posted here then! That sounds like a great idea and I never thought about have to look through the scope the whole time while night hunting.

There's a long discussion about the Sionyx over on Ar15.com in the armory section/night vision. For $399 and a $40ir flashlight you still have money for a bump helmet and IR laser (look at perst 1 for $150ish) the perst3&4 have more features but are more money.

There's a long discussion about the Sionyx over on Ar15.com in the armory section/night vision. For $399 and a $40ir flashlight you still have money for a bump helmet and IR laser (look at perst 1 for $150ish) the perst3&4 have more features but are more money.
Too much latency. But they are getting close. This will be the gamechanger when the latency issues are fixed

I have one set up as a loner for friends that want to night hunt .There are definitely settings in the drop down menu that improve the lag time on the Sionyx.It works well for hunting inside of 100yds.It is also capable of video and camera mode. I will also say it is not a replacement for the PVS14 just an entry level night vision thats not a waste of money.I have the auroa model and it has some additional features of the built in compass and markable way points .

My knowledge of these things ends in the early 90's. Seems like people were buying/importing cheap Russian made tubes and making a buck off them.
Are there any manufacturers making these tubes in the US now?

Back
Top Bottom