• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on Night Vision

Gen I starts at $400ish, moderate ilum, almost always needs a secondary illuminator. Good to 100 yards most nights, 150 with a good moon.

Gen II, forget about it.

Gen III, good stuff, get along without extra ilum for the most part. Still mostly green and white, but much sharper. $2k plus

White Phosphor- Same as III, but in normal vision black and white (ish)

Thermal- Seeing heat, outlines can change colors and backgrounds. Good for close and distance. $2k plus and the more you spend, the sharper it is. Lots like to locate with thermal, shoot with one of the others.

Digital- Sloppy, getting better, $1k for starter level stuff.

Spend money. It's not a game to play on a budget.

Gen 3 or gen 3 +. The rest sucks.

Decide between dedicated unit or clip on, assuming nods are not what you are wanting

Buy from a reputable dealer. Like TNVC.

Get to know and understand the data cards.

I have a pvs27 if you ever want to look through one and it's on your list.

Must able to hold up.

AN PAS 13- https://www.x20.org/product/l3-lwts...~:text=The L3 LWTS is a,(US ARMY TWS Program).

When you said "Must be able to Hold Up":

Q1- Under what conditions? Small and Large Game Hunting, Home Defensive Operations, SHTF type stuff?

Save you money for quality if you decide to go the thermal rout much like wanting to possible go the IR rout. The Platform in which you procure makes all the difference in the capability you are trying to achieve. Example, ballistic recital capability, optic clarity, thermal and IR overlay settings, Weapon mounted thermals that have a capability to wireless transmitting the image your weapon is looking at to your goggle (ENVG-B)

The AN PAS 13 does not have the capability the ANVG-B has however, non the less is a fantastic Weapon mounted optic.

Here is an artificial for you to look at concerning the capability

Side note... Make sure you really want on. The reason I say this is they suck serious power and if you go this rout, ensure you purchase a charger and at least 3-4 extra batteries if they are proprietary to whatever system your procuring

Respectfully
Chris

Whatcha want to know? I've got a couple setups. Granite3 Granite3 pretty much summed it up. @TacticalJeebus finally got in the game with his dual tube setup. @Burdy is very knowledgeable as well.
He wants to night hunt under 100 yards and wants to kill coyotes & foxes & hogs and doesn’t want to spend over 2k

& when he says he wants it to hold up, he is referring to mounting it to the scar and being able to withstand that caliber of shooting

He wants to night hunt under 100 yards and wants to kill coyotes & foxes & hogs and doesn’t want to spend over 2k

& when he says he wants it to hold up, he is referring to mounting it to the scar and being able to withstand that caliber of shooting
I'd go to the scar groups. It's not the caliber that is the issues, it the recoil impulse. 2k tops kinda knocks out what I know will work

Back
Top Bottom