• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on Night Vision

He wants to night hunt under 100 yards and wants to kill coyotes & foxes & hogs and doesn’t want to spend over 2k

& when he says he wants it to hold up, he is referring to mounting it to the scar and being able to withstand that caliber of shooting
This..

What is the difference between a dedicated unit and clip on? $1500 is about max I think. Was going to see if I could come across one for sale on here. Not really sure yet because I don’t know much about them. Thanks for all of the input so far! Just wanted to get some opinions before I went & purchased one. As far as “holding up” By “holding up” I meant by being repiable and not breaking from it being cartridges in .308

This..

What is the difference between a dedicated unit and clip on? $1500 is about max I think. Was going to see if I could come across one for sale on here. Not really sure yet because I don’t know much about them. Thanks for all of the input so far! Just wanted to get some opinions before I went & purchased one. As far as “holding up” By “holding up” I meant by being repiable and not breaking from it being cartridges in .308

Get it suppressed

School me on night vision scopes. I know nothing about them. Just bought a scar20 that I am looking to put it on. Must able to hold up.
I have an ATN Thor HD Thermal I will sell for $1000. I bought it to put on a sporting type bolt action rifle but it's hard to get the right eye relief on that type of gun. The HD is made for a tactical type rifle. Pretty awesome at night.

Reactions: clp
School me on night vision scopes. I know nothing about them. Just bought a scar20 that I am looking to put it on. Must able to hold up.
I have a 2124LR-WP and a LWTS-LR. Both are highly recommended if you can acquire them. My 6.5 CM SCAR20 has been on order since January with no ETA in sight. SCARs are terrible on optics so your lower end options will definitely get pounded in short order with any real volume. Much prefer clip on, with both thermal and NV, as a true passthrough is always going to have better adjustment options vs dedicated.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

This..

A dedicated unit is just that. You remove your Day Optic Sight (DOS) and replace with IR or Thermal.

A clip on typically give a you the ability to leave your day optic site mounted to your weapon and completely zeroed and then clipping onto the rail in front of your optic a thermal imager.

This is the most versatile system around in the military has been using clip on thermal sights for 12 years now. They are extremely effective and alleviates you having to carry another large cumbersome optic to switch between day and night time Operations.

http://www.federalsensors.com/x27-p/x-27.htm

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom