• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on Kayaks

71BB2EF3-EC33-445E-8CBC-68F757DDFEAD.jpeg
A126AE5A-0864-49A8-A9FA-95F3E30FF408.jpeg
FFFF7949-673F-4CE5-BAE6-47A7BA06C8AE.jpeg

Wider and shorter = slower
Long and narrow = faster and easier paddling

I fish off a Big Fish 105, super stable and tons of room. Like paddling a barge any distance though. +1 on the rudder, especially a short yak, makes tracking much better

Buy a used it will do the same job as a brand new one... Buy a single sit in one if u want to have fun in it with paddling, a sot if you want to fish and relax .... Definitely buy a open top thou , a 11.5 and above is great for the lake and Decent for river...i find the eleven foot range to be the best all around except for ocean...... I would not spend the 1000 dollars on one but the not good too cheap... Make sure u get one with plenty drain holes

My advise I have owned a few canoes and kayaks. I never use a canoe any longer I prefer my kayaks. My wife can't oar a canoe worth a damn and I usually want to kill her and ditto for her wanting to kill me within five minutes. My advise get the kayak that is light. There are a lot of locations where you can't merely throw it off your car into the water. You are going to be carrying it so the weight makes a difference. Unless your shooting Rapids you can by a cheap recreational kayak. I have two cheap recreation kayaks and my wife and I use them a lot. I also fish out of it. If you buy a standard kayak they make a butt load of cool accessories you can install on it. Even though I recommend a cheap kayak spend your money on a good paddle. They make different length paddles for different seating position and for the persons paddling height. It's really nice kayak fishing and I have figured out the trick is to fish with a dock pole, Three feet long, with the bare essentials as far as equipment. Small anchor and a small waterproof box with my keys ,wallet, and license strapped to the kayak so if I flip its all good. If you get a cheap recreational kayak at the bare minimum you need Bunjy corded deck net or oar straps on the deck to hold your oar. It sucks trying to tuck your oar inside the kayak or loosing your oar into the water watching it go down stream while reeling in a nice fish is a major omg. Believe me I have been there. What ever you do keep it light and easy. The more weight you have the less you will use it.

If you're married, a two-person kayak is called a divorce kayak.

If you're single a two-person kayak mean you do all the work paddling around while she looks cute.

Get a one person kayak. Worth it.
All the wisdom you really need is in this post. LOL. Also, pay once cry once.

Back
Top Bottom