• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on farm fresh eggs

If anyone else needs some, I've got you covered....

87369098_10157615825778300_4778488048394436608_n.jpg

where do you think the grocery stores get eggs, duh . yea you had fresh eggs out of chicken house but not fresh eggs , chicken houses raise chickens not eggs

Chickens in chickens houses come from chicken houses with chickens that lay eggs. They lay them on wire mesh, and all the poop and broken eggs fall to the dirt floor, and stay there until they move the chickens out, Walking in to one will definitely work out your gag reflex.

We never wash our eggs for our/family consumption. Only wash the eggs we sell. Have eaten eggs off the counter that were 4-5 months old w/ no issues. They do start to lose their "fresh" taste though. If you have any concern about them being okay to eat: place them in a bowl of water:
Floats- toss is out
Sinks- good to go
Stands up on end- use immediately ("they" say to boil immediately, but I don't see why the cooking method matters)

The protective coating is called Bloom and eggs should be refrigerated after it is washed off. It has been claimed that eggs will stay "fresh" and unrefrigerated for up to a year w/ a mineral oil wash, but I have not tried it to see.

The key to not refrigerating your eggs is temperature control in your storage area and no sunlight.

Personally, I only wash the eggs that have poop/dirt on them before cooking. I have survived w/o salmonella so far, although my day could be coming?

I love duck eggs for all my baking, I like to get them with the Bloom still on. Bloom is Mother Natures way of protecting the egg from any bacterial invasion. I was them when I use them and not before, It is getting harder and harder to find them unwashed..Law says if your are going to sell them they must be washed..I know a gentleman that I can contacted up here for them..If you have not tried Duck eggs your missing out!!

The yolks is much darker in fresh eggs. They are stronger tasting than store bought. I've heard once they're refrigerated they have to stay refrigerated. Washed or not.

Maybe because I've always had the store bought but that's what l prefer.

Back
Top Bottom