• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SBR lowers in stock?

I didn't have to engrave... I took my colt 6920 and registered it. I didn't have to engrave anything. :)

I'll bite. How does one make a title 2 firearm from a title 1 firearm without engraving it?

Whether it's done on a form 1 (by you) or 2 (by an 02sot) , it still needs engraving.

I've read several misinformation text in this thread.
A tax paid SOT Class II Manufacture only need to place the required information on the receiver at the BATFE required depth.
Mfr. Name
Model #
Cal. #
City
State. All @ 3 thousands deep.
SBR papers to the NFA branch are done by MFR on Forms 2, not 4!

After a title 1 (non nfa) receiver leaves the mfr, it would have to have additional markings added from whom ever is making it a title 2 firearm.
Such as John Doe trust, or your name, and an individual does this on a form 1.
Hope this helps.

thats what I was alluding to...

No matter what, for a title 1 gun to become title 2, it would need additional engraving, UNLESS the original manufacturer did it (ala Noveske's program they ran).

I doubt Colt took that 6920 back and form 2'd it.

I never use Form 1, but after looking at it, from an individual's perspective, I don't see where an individual is required to mark it, if the firearm previously existed. Building from scratch requires markings. Hmm.

This explains some of the confusion I've seen with transferable Colt M16s, if an individual registered it, no additional markings were added & the M16 eventually gets represented as "factory", when the conversion work is obviously not factory. Like a supposed factory M16 registered receiver with an unregistered drop-in sear in it.

This is why NOW, the BATFE is going over everything with a fine tooth comb. I had to speak with the NFA branch the other day and asked why are they being so anal with the form 4's. They are holding the examiners more accountable!

Back
Top Bottom