• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SBR lowers in stock?

Tx

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
8   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know who stocks SBR lower receivers(ARs) on the west side of ATL. I saw in another thread a place in Monroe has them but don't want to drive that far twice. Don't really want to engrave either in case I have to sell one day.
Any input on the Manufacturer and price would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Any lower can be an SBR lower. And if you want to register it as an SBR, you'll have to engrave it no matter what.

My understanding is that a dealer can have a registered lower transfered to them as an SBR from the manufacture and sell it as such. The only engravings with be the same as any other lower no additional marking needed.

IE if you but a factory SBR from LWRC it doesnt have SBR marked anywhere on it just says
LWRC
Cal ---
Serial---

Any lower can be an SBR lower. And if you want to register it as an SBR, you'll have to engrave it no matter what.

Not true. A dealer with their Class II SOT manufacturers license can take a standard lower, and "make"/register it with the ATF on a Form 4. You can then buy it from the dealer and pay the standard $200 tax to the ATF and have the lower transferred to your trust or to you. The Class II SOT does not have to engrave it, nor do you after you buy one and it's approved by the ATF.

Trading Place Pawn in Monroe has their Class II SOT as well as their Class III SOT. They bought 200 lowers from the same forger that makes Spikes lowers. Trading Places then "made" 50 of them registered SBR lowers with the ATF. The SBR lowers look like any other lower, no engraving needed.

Last edited:
Not true. A dealer with their Class II SOT manufacturers license can take a standard lower, and "make"/register it with the ATF on a Form 4. You can then buy it from the dealer and pay the standard $200 tax to the ATF and have the lower transferred to your trust or to you. The Class II SOT does not have to engrave it, nor do you after you buy one and it's approved by the ATF.

Trading Place Pawn in Monroe has their Class II SOT as well as their Class III SOT. They bought 200 lowers from the same forger that makes Spikes lowers. Trading Places then "made" 50 of them registered SBR lowers with the ATF. The SBR lowers look like any other lower, no engraving needed.

Just what I was thinking. Now anyone else have any?

Do they charge more for them?

We are the manufacture and can register any length you want. Our lowers are 6061 billet and we have black & NP3. Our stock is low, but we always have receivers in production.
2012-03-12_14-26-54_544.jpg

As a manufacturer, I can notify NFA Branch by fax that it (SBR lower) exists & that's it, except I have to stamp/engrave since I don't make AR lowers.

But we're talking minutes to go from unregistered to registered. Same day service.

Back
Top Bottom