• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sb93 hunting with suppressors

I cant, for the life of me, understand why this doesnt pass.. Well, except for the ignorance associated with suppressors in general. I can hunt with a bow or crossbow nearly silently. Why can I not hunt with a muffled rifle?? It's just a piss poor job of "marketing" thier possition for the bill. The masses have no clue, they believe that suppressors are illegal because only assasins use them, you know, like in the movies.. The thing that really pisses me off is the process.. Like anything else, its just tagged and burried in something else that the people have no idea about. The populous spends soo much more energy voting for which loser can sing better than the others than what laws are being voted on, just the way the politicians prefer it to be.. That way people who think Guam may capsise and that magazines are disposable decide whats best for us..........

You answered your own question. Are you hunting? Are you using a suppressor? If you answered yes to both questions you are violating the law regardless of where you are doing it.

There ya go. Thats like cooking meth in your back yard and telling the police that it's ok because you did it on your own property. Don't matter where you do it.

I bet there's people that do that anyways on their own property. That's why I was curious. Didnt know if there was an exception or something. I know some people that do it... It's like cooking meth in your basement, no one knows till they come and raid your house.

I bet there's people that do that anyways on their own property. That's why I was curious. Didnt know if there was an exception or something. I know some people that do it... It's like cooking meth in your basement, no one knows till they come and raid your house.

Theres a lot of people that rob banks .... does that make it right?

Think of it this way, you went thru the steps to get a GFL, you went thru the steps to get a suppressor, you went thru the steps to get a hunters safety card, you went thru the steps to legally buy a gun, so why would you want to **** it up by doing something illegal that could possibly wipe out EVERYTHING that you did the proper legal way?

The law is very clear. No hunting with Suppressors. Period.

Committing a crime with an NFA item is an additional crime as well. Not sure if that only applies to felonies or not.

So where did this suppressor law bill come from? Someone had to proposed this to ban suppressors from hunting, if that's the case, I don't think its going to pass ever. Once a law always a law unless it has an expiration date. Lol

So where did this suppressor law bill come from? Someone had to proposed this to ban suppressors from hunting, if that's the case, I don't think its going to pass ever. Once a law always a law unless it has an expiration date. Lol

It has passed in a few other states like Texas. There are a few more I can't remember off the top of my head but will look it up when I get home. As suppressors become more mainstream I think we will see these laws pass. Maybe I am just being optimistic though.

It has passed in a few other states like Texas. There are a few more I can't remember off the top of my head but will look it up when I get home. As suppressors become more mainstream I think we will see these laws pass. Maybe I am just being optimistic though.

No, I was talking about the illegal suppressor hunting law. Theres got to be a reason why it was passed in the beginning. I bet alot of people in the house don't even know silencers are legal. ;o If they don't know its legal, how did they come up with a bill that restrict suppressor hunting? I can gaurantee you some states don't even know about NFA. So is this a federal level thing? Is it illegal to hunt with suppressor on the federal level? As long as I can remember, GA been ran by republicans so how did that illegal suppressor hunt even pass?

Back
Top Bottom