• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Safe place to meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These days its hard to trust folks. Sometimes impossible. I'm still what I'd call myself new here but I've made two deals. Both were buys. I must say I wished I had more time to chat with both of them. Glad you made it out of there. I feel if you are the seller it should be on your terms. Change location on you, you change the deal to "no" if you are not ok with it.

I actually have done a trade where we signed the bill of sale, and then the guy refused to add cash on top (began haggling again... bad form). he got mad, grabbed his gun and the bills of sale (already signed) and began towards his car. i began walking with him and asked to dispose of the bills of sale. he says no and jumps in his car. i tell him, "i don't want it said anywhere that i own a gun that i dont own!". he tears my signature out, throws it at me and speeds off... i understand your position... whenever possible... bring backup.

The solution is simple, Use better common Sense.
New people should be considered a risk. Not saying that you should be a prick, but set time and place in your comfort zone. Dont 'chase' if you run you around hells half acre with someone with no credibility that you messaged thru the internet... then youre the dumbass, let it go and wait for the next one. Solid people dont pull bull****. Sounds like you learned a lesson that you needed to. Im happy for your sake that you got back safe.

Wasn't sure where to post this question but where do others meet for trades at? I have used parking lots gas stations and restaurants. But got a bad feeling from a meet recently so I want something a little safer if possible. Any suggestions?

Don`t meet on dirt roads up there in the mountains.Main shopping centers like mentioned about all I can say also.

Yup, a tad more common sense is required especially if you're selling a Saturday night special. Probably very lucky it went as well as it did...

It would be more than a negative feedback I would like to let everybody know who he is but he isn't on here now(deleted profile I guess not sure if that possible) but he was a new user with no post or feedback. He found me on here that's why I no longer put my number on any of my ads. A 125lb Bull mastiff wanting a snack is more scary than a 200lb guy.

I've said this a million ****ing times, DONT put personal info in ads!

Just make sure the gun you're selling isn't the only one you have on you. If you're that concerned, bring a friend or cancel the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom