• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Running out this old warhorse, but just saw a new way to conduct an auction

One Karen calls 911 and tells the police, "
Last time I used that line was 50 years ago, on a date in college

Dadgum, this has become a pholosopher's conundrum.

If my complaints are "so much wind" and you respond to them twice, then your responses are, what?

Doing the job ODT "hired" me to do.

Yes.....yes they are! At least, a core group of regulars are.

Folks think that we hunt around looking for that sorta crap. The truth is, if something was done to a member's thread, post, or ad, it's because someone ratted them out and brought it to our attention. Squeaky wheel, eh wot?
must be some real squeak in the classifieds then. say 1 thing out of line and dat ass is busted for comments in an ad

Karen #1 calls 911, and reports, "I just saw a yellow Mustang with some kids in it, with GA tag number ABC123, laying drag in the parking lot of the Piggly Wiggly."

Karen #2 calls 911 and reports, "Every Saturday evening, after dark, kids gather in the parking lot of the Piggly Wiggly and lay drag."

Both snitched to the cops, but Karen #2 feels much better about her actions because she didn't single anyone out. She's still a snitch, though.

must be some real squeak in the classifieds then. say 1 thing out of line and dat ass is busted for comments in an ad

Absolutely. In the vast majority of those cases, it's the seller reporting the comment(s) made in their own post. In the rest of the cases, it's some other member who saw the offending comment(s).

Some members here have beef with other members. So, they stalk them on the forum and report anything they possibly can.

If you just generally complain about it in threads like this, you aren't going to help fix the problem. In that case, why even bother with the whinge in the first place?
First, I started this conversation with an observation. I really don't care if someone breaks the rules, I don't make the rules, I don't get paid to see that they are followed.

If someone can get away with posting 13 items in 6 minutes in one category, and none of the "staff" notices that, no skin off my nose. Those whose mission it is to be hall monitors are welcome to it.

I admire the creative way that the poster created an auction, through the use of a generic, rare "trade interest". That's been done before, just not so up front. As I noted way back in the beginning, I don't play that game, so no problem for me.

Ahhhhhh.........then that would be accidental snitching! Completely different animal.
Not really, because as you have noted several times, unless it's reported directly to the "staff" they are oblivious to the posts.

So I assume whatever I post operates in the same blissful void.

Someone else would have to do the research, find the 13 posts in 6 minutes, and THEN report it, because they ("staff") aren't going to find out about it from this post.

Not really, because as you have noted several times, unless it's reported directly to the "staff" they are oblivious to the posts.

So I assume whatever I post operates in the same blissful void.

Someone else would have to do the research, find the 13 posts in 6 minutes, and THEN report it, because they ("staff") aren't going to find out about it from this post.

We have Staff here that could find those posts easily. I, however, ain't one of 'em.

Absolutely. In the vast majority of those cases, it's the seller reporting the comment(s) made in their own post. In the rest of the cases, it's some other member who saw the offending comment(s).

Some members here have beef with other members. So, they stalk them on the forum and report anything they possibly can.
ka sara sara

Back
Top Bottom