• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rugged Alaskan 360

Well this thread went off the rails quick. Getting back to the Alaskan 360, I was dead set on the Rugged Radiant being my next can. Now that they have released this, I may have to get the Alaskan instead. The sizes and weights being so close, the universal mount and ability to use it for 9mm makes me think the Alaskan is better choice, looks to be less expensive too.

Well this thread went off the rails quick. Getting back to the Alaskan 360, I was dead set on the Rugged Radiant being my next can. Now that they have released this, I may have to get the Alaskan instead. The sizes and weights being so close, the universal mount and ability to use it for 9mm makes me think the Alaskan is better choice, looks to be less expensive too.
Looks pretty good on paper. I vote for you to be the genuine pig and report back :) I was going to check to see what the cans thread pattern was. One of the razors big detractor was being married to their proprietary mounting solution. Also, drewga11 drewga11 sign up for a match my man! That way I can bring your cans!!!!!

Looks pretty good on paper. I vote for you to be the genuine pig and report back :) I was going to check to see what the cans thread pattern was. One of the razors big detractor was being married to their proprietary mounting solution. Also, drewga11 drewga11 sign up for a match my man! That way I can bring your cans!!!!!
If I had the spare funds at the moment, I'd be all over it. Sadly that is not the case at this time. That same lack of spare funds also excludes me from signing up for any matches. I really don't even want the Nomad-L that much anymore.

Took a look at some this past weekend at the all American mg shoot. Rugged had a setup. Very interesting, might order a couple - both testing and sale. Based on the weight it could be a good all around can for both rifles and pccs

Just saw on facebook that Rugged now has a Titanium version of the Alaskan 360 available. Ridiculously light for what it is. 5.6 oz, 6.6 oz with direct thread adapter, and 8 oz with the R.U.M.

I personally don't think the $1399 price tag is worth a couple ounces of weight savings over the original Alaskan 360 at $830. (Just going off of silencer shop prices for both.)

I do find the prospect of an extremely light .36 cal can rated up to .338 Lapua very interesting. I'm also glad to see they made it available to everyone, unlike the titanium version of their Razor 7.62 which is only available if you have reached a certain tier in their Paragon program.

Back
Top Bottom