• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger LC9

I have one. I like it. I tried out a lot of different conceal carry pistols until I settled on this one. Mine is very accurate also. It wan't that accurate at first but after 50 rounds or so it settled in nicely. I also had to loosen the set screw on the rear sight and move it over slightly to adjust the windage. After that, I'm shooting soda cans at 10 to 20 yards no problem.

Mine is accurate too. My biggest problem with it isn't the recoil or the long trigger pull, although they are annoying qualities. My biggest gripe is that it actually hurts to shoot after a while. After about 200 rounds my trigger finger is starting to peel skin. It only takes 100 to start feeling it.

On the other hand they are really accurate. The pics below are iron sights first then yards with a laser (shows the firearm) at 10 yards. The laser is set for about 7 that's why it is shooting high. Groups are about 4inch. I'm just terrible with the pocket rocket.

IMAG0123.jpgIMAG0125.jpg

I took the trigger assembly apart and removed the Magazine safety lever. It will now fire with the mag out. This does not affect any other functions of the pistol and no permanent mods need to be done. Just put the part in the original box for future owners or warranty work.

I bought one last week and got to the range on Sunday. I only fired 50 rds of FMJ through it but the performance was great. Very accurate little gun out to 10 yds even after only 50 rds. I think after 200 rds or so, I will feel more comfortable with 15 yd shot groups. Breakdown and cleanup were simple. All in all, very happy with this as a BUG and summer carry option. Sure, trigger pull is long but I like that in a pocket gun.

Love my LC9 - small, lightweight and accurate. My accuracy improved a lot when I changed the sights to William's Fiber Optics. Much brighter than the stock sights (now with red back, green front). You can get them at Midway for under $50.

Breaking the gun down is a little tricky. You almost need 3 hands. You have to pull the slide back slightly to line up the hole for the pin. It takes 2 hands to pull the slide back and hold it in position. Then you have to push the pin out with the key provided (or a paper clip) to release the slide. Other than that, it's simple to clean.

I recommend filling the mag with ammo a couple of days before you first fire it, to break in the spring. The gun jammed on the first mag I fired because the spring was too tight. Never had another failure of any kind, and I've put over 600 rounds through.

Back
Top Bottom