Ruger announces first new Marlins

I have been on the hunt for a 336 to hunt with so this is great news for me. Prices on 336s are crazy even on junkers and they are hard to find so I would be very pleased to find a Ruger/Marlin 30-30 at a reasonable price. This should also bring the prices down on some old Marlins.

Guess I will just wait and see.

I hear you. I'm a purist on the older lever actions myself. You've got to think about people in commie states like California though who can't have an unneutered AR. In that situation, I could see the appeal of a tactical lever gun. ONLY in that situation though.
Well, I prefer plain irons too, but I put a rail on mine because I can no longer shoot right-handed without raised sights/optic/scope. But it can be removed.
However, I never shoot it anymore - 30/30 is still insane!

I just want a traditional and functional .357 lever gun
I bought the Henry this year, case hardened, 16" octagon barrel. Beautiful rifle! Shoots really well and reminded me I like lever guns.

If ruger comes out with decent stuff I might go down that rabbit hole. Tired of tactical stuff right now (obviously keeping it) but wouldn't mind plinking some big ass slow moving lead.

Back
Top Bottom