• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger American Ranch in 300BLK

Status
Not open for further replies.
7BCF9816-2FB7-40FE-9DB0-A7FC3486B56B.jpeg
1F01EBE6-BCAE-48A0-8103-FD3D91BD4F2C.png

Not that I know of- for the original RAR. I would call Ruger to be sure.

It looks like the newer guns can go both ways, as depicted in DAVANS post.

Thanks, DAVANS.

Weird. I have an early RAR in 300 BLK and have never had a problem or even thought negatively about the rotary mag setup. It's become my go to deer rifle. Shoots my 125 grain hand loads with supreme accuracy, and never balks at feeding, bolt manipulation, or in any way. The rotary mag is one of my favorite features. I don't care for hunting rifles with protruding magazines.

Not that I know of- for the original RAR. I would call Ruger to be sure.

It looks like the newer guns can go both ways, as depicted in DAVANS post.

Thanks, DAVANS.

Yes the Rotary mag guns can be converted. I had a rotary mag gun that would not feed. The bolt would not pick up the next round or it raised the tip higher than the chamber and it jammed. I called Ruger numerous times and they did not have a fix. They sent me 3 different rotary mags for it and they all failed. One even fell apart while i was unloading it. The newer version with the AR mags was just starting to come out. Ruger said they did not have an adapter kit available to change mine over. I traded it at my LGS for a AR mag version. I have a buddy who had one as well, but wasn't having the problems out of his like i did. But he called Ruger about a year or so after they started making the AR style. They sent him a conversion kit like davans received. I wish i had held onto mine for awhile and I'd have saved some cash.

Rbstern it is a funny issue. Not all of them have the issue. Looks like you are one of the few that do not have the issues. Out of 3 people i know that have them, 2 were inop. Ruger tried to make it right for me and I dont have an issue about it. Just kinda a poor design on the mags.

I stumbled across this post on another forum. They did not offer this deal to me when I e-mailed them about my mag problems. But, maybe I should have talked to them rather than e-mail.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So not a conversion exactly but an exchange from Ruger!

So a lot if people like myself have the roatary magazine version purchased before the new style with AR mags came out. Bummer right? Well I was prototyping an adapter that coupled with maching the reciever would allow you to use AR mags on the old style rifle. But that requires machining, the bolt may need to be modified. Plus the new model has a chamber that is reamed more smoothly and a fore end thay is stiffened.

Anyways I'll get to the point: Send it to Ruger! I sent mine out (USPS $26) and they offered to install a new barrel to fix the feeding issue. Sweet! But since I had a shortened, pinned and welded barrel I asked if there was any other option. Finally the nice lady offered to replace the rifle with a new version (and remove my old flash hider and send it back too!) all. Free. Of. Charge. I paid shipping to them (which they offered to pay if the rifle was less than 2 years old) and they even sent me a box to mail it in. If that isnt over the top customer service, idk what is.

Im not sure if this will work for everyone, but if you want to get the feeding issue fixed without trying to mess with double winding your mag, and give it a chance at getting a new style rifle, give it a shot! Thank you ruger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom