• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Roof Triangle - how do you squirrel / wood pecker proof it?

I had to get unconventional in my squirrel battle years ago.
02012017 499.JPG

We tried those at work for pigeons... They landed on them and **** all over them lol
I once tried a fake snake over the tree that goes over the driveway (to prevent the barrage of bird poop). the birds quickly figured out it was fake and the poopage continued. ............so I started cutting the majority of the branches over hanging & tossed the snake.

I shoot on sight at my house . They got in the attic in a house on my street and chewed up some wiring and burned the house down.

I also used catch and release traps you can buy from tractor supply. Glue down a pecan or some acorns on the trap trigger. Buy a tub big enough to but the trap in so you can drown them when caught.

Put a bird bath and bird feeder in your backyard with a good backstop. CCI 22 Quiet long rifle out of a bolt action rifle with a good scope with adjustable parallax.

CCI 22 Short HP is a nasty round if you plan to shoot up into the trees. Try to find a bolt action with a 24 inch barrel for this. Good glass or a peep sight is a must.

Back
Top Bottom