• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Roof Triangle - how do you squirrel / wood pecker proof it?

Xcaliber

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
1639521835946.png

I've trimmed my trees so no squirrels can get on the roof however there is a tree on neighbor's property that they can jump from. but I've seen wood peckers go at it too, being made of wood. this is the 2nd time it's been damaged by squirrels and / or wood pecker. how do you squirrel / wood pecker proof it? I put hardware cloth right behind it after the 1st time, so the critters can't go in, but they still try & so, damage the wood outside. I'm thinking METAL, any ideas what that runs cost wise?

View attachment 3771114

I've trimmed my trees so no squirrels can get on the roof however there is a tree on neighbor's property that they can jump from. but I've seen wood peckers go at it too, being made of wood. this is the 2nd time it's been damaged by squirrels and / or wood pecker. how do you squirrel / wood pecker proof it? I put hardware cloth right behind it after the 1st time, so the critters can't go in, but they still try & so, damage the wood outside. I'm thinking METAL, any ideas what that runs cost wise?
High power BB GUN

Keep taking out squirrels until they stop. Kill off the ones that "know" your roof. I have so many squirrels in my neighborhood that I could kill every single one in my yard, and there will be 10 more tomorrow, but they stopped coming on my roof. Knock on wood!

Maybe load the triangle up with moth balls on the inside, seems to work for the neighbors cars.

You can trim any branches that overhang your property. Good idea to talk to your neighbor first; they might even do it for you.

Good luck with the wood peckers though.

Back
Top Bottom