• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ROLL TIDE! Part Deux!

So, a 17 year old, listening to a famous coach earning $5 million a year, whispering sweet nothings in his ear, gets excited about going to a school and playing ball.

Then reality sets in: Doesn't get playing time. Coaches maybe don't love him the way they did during recruiting. Team not doing so well. Coaching staff turning over. Campus life isn't what he thought it would be. Maybe homesick. Realizes maybe elsewhere might be a better choice for both present and future.

And you blame that kid for playing by the rules and choosing to go elsewhere?
You must have missed the small print user agreement by which you admit you're of low character if you respond with a differing point of view. The frequency people throw personal attacks around when someone doesn't agree with them on here is fascinating. Maybe that's just how things are now. Obviously, there can be good reasons to transfer. Taking sports out of it, how many kids start at one school and end up at another because where they went initially just wasn't the best fit for them? It happens all the time. Scholarship athletes have all the same things at play plus a lot more on top of it.

last i checked their going to school for an education first and foremost. Secondly yes being a man is suffering through you poor decisions in life to honor your word., it’s what makes you tuff. If you’re half the player they thought you were work your ass off to be better!! It’s really not that hard of a call for me that is. But hey i was was raised to honor every comment i make.

Besides boo hoo I’m not playing let me transfer, boo hoo i don’t like the coach let me transfer, boo hoo Joe schmo said he would pay me more for my free edumacation let me tranzfer, yea panty wasted chicken hearted word breaking ******* is the reason this country is in the ****ter now so let me see here Do i blame the “kids” damn right
Did you end up graduating from the same college you started at? Many don't.

GT takes 60% in state, 30% out of state, and 10% international. It's pretty much fixed.

ETA - Fixed as in, those are the numbers they admit every year.
One of my oldest friends in the world graduated Tech with a 5.0, yet he was not good enough to be admitted to their grad school. He wasn’t a foreigner. F Tech. Sincerely. F them.

One of my oldest friends in the world graduated Tech with a 5.0, yet he was not good enough to be admitted to their grad school. He wasn’t a foreigner. F Tech. Sincerely. F them.
I had a friend who graduated with honors and a 4.0 (back when that was a thing) from a different university (not GT) and their graduate school didn't admit him when he applied. Another grad school accepted him. He had to move. It's not uncommon. He's a college professor now.

I had a friend who graduated with honors and a 4.0 (back when that was a thing) from a different university (not GT) and their graduate school didn't admit him when he applied. Another grad school accepted him. He had to move. It's not uncommon. He's a college professor now.
Yes, unfortunately some of those brainiacs can’t cut it in the real world.

Not one bit surprised at the Bama loss. They are not a great team this year.

Milroe would probably be a little better if he had more protection. Anyone who watches the line of scrimmage knows that Bama’s LT (#74) was getting burned all night. He is young and needs coaching in a bad way. One guy not doing their job can make the entire line look bad. He needs to tighten up or sit and let someone else block.

And that problem doesn’t really lie with the offensive coordinator either, but the line coach.

Unfortunately UGA has the same problem. Young, inexperienced LT who has already made the entire O line look mediocre this season. And that’s against low level teams. And it is also not really Bobo’s fault, but the line coach. That LT better tighten up or he could cost us…

Of course Beck is not Milroe, and UGA is not Bama. Beck’s fundamentals have been outstanding so far. Think what you will, but this guy is a good QB. Very good.

Oh, and Nick Saban invented the cupcake schedule. Everyone has watched them schedule the powder puff league cream cakes year after year, so I do not care what any Bamalama ding dong thinks about UGA’s schedule this year.

As for “Row Tide!” Well, not this year. Again. Bwahaha!!!
IMG_3664.jpeg

IMG_3663.jpeg

IMG_3693.jpeg

IMG_2905.jpeg

Look it up. Do some digging. I think it will confirm what I wrote. I’d be glad to be proven incorrect. I am too dumb to get into GT so it doesn’t affect me anyway.
Don't be so quick to discredit yourself. I work with multiple GT graduates.

This guy got into the Georgia Institute of Technology under a conditional acceptance for aerospace engineering.

He spent a year at KSU busting his butt, making grades and meeting the criteria, and he made it in this last summer. He's enrolled this Fall and has the Zell scholarship.

He's so much smarter than I ever was.

Busted.jpg

I'd like to think ODT had something to do with it...

Back
Top Bottom