• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ROLL TIDE! Part Deux!

you need to be of a different race(Asian...Indian) certainly not a mud toe Ga cracker to get into that school!!!...they do not seem to like locals...I'm just say'n.....got a couple friends with children with 5.0....what ever...denied entrance.....one ended up at Alabama with a scholarship...the other a drunk at Auburn....
Seeing the same thing with a friends son…

I'm sorry...I'm just going to have to manually see those facts...I don't believe them....
it's just what I see....I'm pretty sure I'm wrong....there is a chip on my shoulder about that school, that maybe incorrect.....however could be true...I find it extremely hard to believe that 60% of the students currently enrolled at that school are from Georgia....
I worked for big pulp and paper company HQed in GA - our HR essentially quit recruiting from GT as so many applicants were international and required work visas, etc. Saw it first hand as HR asked me (GT grad) to assist with recruiting booth. GT is not meeting the needs of GA for engineers so Georgia Southern, Kennesaw, and even - gasp - UGA offering more engineering. International students pay more plus look at the leadership of GT now - they are international too.

This guy got into the Georgia Institute of Technology under a conditional acceptance for aerospace engineering.

He spent a year at KSU busting his butt, making grades and meeting the criteria, and he made it in this last summer. He's enrolled this Fall and has the Zell scholarship.

He's so much smarter than I ever was.

View attachment 6224597

I'd like to think ODT had something to do with it...
That is the way to do it - go to another Georgia college for a year or two then transfer into GT.

MRH MRH

My oldest son is a genius. No cap. He receives correspondence from all the big brain schools begging him to please grace their institution with his presence. Talking Harvard, Yale, MIT, Notre Dame, top 5% student - NATIONWIDE.

He throws the GT mail in the garbage. Won’t even look at it.

He said “Dad I am going to Georgia and I WIlL be on the Redcoat Marching Band” - GO DAWGS!!!!!

Last time I looked at numbers, Georgia Tech graduates make a lot more money....so there's that.

LOL…. That’s always the comeback from the Tech nerds. ‘’We make a lot of money’’. That’s all they got.
Hell, I was a junior college dropout, worked blue collar all my life, now retired on SSI.
…so there’s that.

LOL…. That’s always the comeback from the Tech nerds. ‘’We make a lot of money’’. That’s all they got.
Hell, I was a junior college dropout, worked blue collar all my life, now retired on SSI.
…so there’s that.

Salary after graduation IS a pretty important point and the UGA vs GT difference was substantial.

You didn't dispute my original point, so there's that.

3-3 at the half....are you f'n kidding me???
This is the team that is supposed to dominate, and win the National Championship..... you've GOT to be kidding me!!!
O.K....we need to start a pool....how long until you hear the words "rebuilding year"....coming soon, to a thread near you!!
Can't wait till Finebaum on Monday!!
I don't care how many points they score in the second half....3-3 at the half!!! tells you all you need to know

Back
Top Bottom