• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ROLL TIDE! Part Deux!

Sorry...not buying. Regardless of how they've won, during Saban's tenure, Alabama still has the best track record of any program in recent history. They are stumbling at the moment, but to suggest that they've underachieved at any point during Saban's tenure is either delusion or just old fashioned, oppositional hate.

I hate 'em, too, but I'm not gonna get on a soap box and claim they underachieved in any way, shape or form.
so...I suppose last year was not an "underachievement"....humm....a double digit loss at home is not an "underachievement"....I define underachievement a bit different...no "soap box", just observations, based upon facts to date....do they have the best chance to get to Atlanta, from the West, probably....can a two loss team get into the CFP...I doubt even Alabama still has that much clout...AND...the best defense an Alabama fan has to throw out is the past...well....we just happen to be in the present, the past is now playing for the NFL....all the national championship titles are certainly nice, however they have nothing to do with today...ask any coach, you'll get the same answer.....btw I'm a Ga Tech fan, I know misery!!! I simply love pointing out things that die hard fans apparently cannot see....the past is yesterday....

so...I suppose last year was not an "underachievement"....humm....a double digit loss at home is not an "underachievement"....I define underachievement a bit different...no "soap box", just observations, based upon facts to date....do they have the best chance to get to Atlanta, from the West, probably....can a two loss team get into the CFP...I doubt even Alabama still has that much clout...AND...the best defense an Alabama fan has to throw out is the past...well....we just happen to be in the present, the past is now playing for the NFL....all the national championship titles are certainly nice, however they have nothing to do with today...ask any coach, you'll get the same answer.....btw I'm a Ga Tech fan, I know misery!!! I simply love pointing out things that die hard fans apparently cannot see....the past is yesterday....

Your rant about Alabama isn't rational. And any sane coach would say they are the gold standard of successful NCAAF programs. Some will rightfully state that UGA is now in, or very close to, that same level based on Kirby Smart's tenure, but he hasn't been doing it as long as Saban has.

Again, I despise Alabama (the football team, not the state...the state is excellent). But I'm not delusional about their program.

An Alabama fan is a delicate flower....so delicate....
Once you've watched Alabama lose to Hawaii in a bowl game, this isn't anything to get real upset about. Texas looks good. Alabama will get better over the season. Not saying it's going to be a championship year, but they're not going to crumple up in the fetal position.

how many #1 classes have they had, and this is the best they can do???
Saban has done a tremendous job. I do think that college football is changing, a new generation of coaches is going to navigate the landscape better, and some new dynasties have (and will) pop up.

"Dynasties" are going to be very very difficult in this no penalty transfer era. It sucks.
I figure USC will inevitably become a juggernaut. Get paid big and be in Hollywood. They'll keep getting star players cycling through.

(Yeah, not really Hollywood but you get the idea.)

NIL & the portal has/will change EVERYTHING!!! no more "dynasties" just look west...to Colorado....tells ya all you need to know....you can have the top recruiting classes year after year, BUT if you can't coach um, and you can't keep um.....blah...blah...blah....I do get tired of all the "what we used to be's"...has not a thing to do with today....yah....Colorado...we did that 5 years ago, we did this 4 years ago....what, in God's name does that have to do with today???

NIL & the portal has/will change EVERYTHING!!! no more "dynasties" just look west...to Colorado....tells ya all you need to know....you can have the top recruiting classes year after year, BUT if you can't coach um, and you can't keep um.....blah...blah...blah....I do get tired of all the "what we used to be's"...has not a thing to do with today....yah....Colorado...we did that 5 years ago, we did this 4 years ago....what, in God's name does that have to do with today???
Building a solid foundation for a program?

I figure USC will inevitably become a juggernaut. Get paid big and be in Hollywood. They'll keep getting star players cycling through.

(Yeah, not really Hollywood but you get the idea.)
I think they still have relatively tough admissions requirements. Still hate 'em.

Back
Top Bottom