• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rock Island Armory 1911 tactical (government size)

not married yet, so i'll stock up now. she already said my wedding present would be a custom 1911 (long before i even bought this thing)

My son's wife bought him a Kimber Raptor II for Christmas!! Now that's love!!!

raptorii.jpg

I have 2 RIAs now. A 9mm tactical that I LOVE! And the TCM22/9mm that I have yet to shoot. Very nice "entry level" pistols, although I question the entry level-ness of them, I believe they are a cut above. Have fun with it!

I just picked up my first RIA 1911 a couple weeks ago and it was incredibly accurate right out of the box.

I fired about ten magazines through it flawlessly.

My 18 Y/O daughter shot it as well and did very well for her first time ever shooting anything other than a pellet rifle.

She was in center mass at 25 yards with all 8 rounds first time.

It does have a bit of trigger creep of you ask me but the accuracy makes up for it.

It would be nice if the sights were painted or had colored dots of any color because the all black sights make it very hard to see in lower light especially.....need to get some paint or night sights.

I hear everyone complain about the ugly wood grain grips but I actually think they look pretty good and not too flashy...all business like and old school pistol.

The matte finish is fine with me but the large ROCK ISLAND ARMORY logo on the side is kinda too much And I'm almost contemplating a dark matte OD green ceracoate job.

It carries nicely and conceals well in my sheperds leather crossbreed IWB holster but I had to max out the adjustments to give it a total forward can't in order to conceal it well and it actually conceals better than my glock 22 did.

I need to obtain a few extra 8 round mags so if anyone has a good recommendation I'm all ears.

All in all this is a killer pistol for the price and can be had for $400.00 used all day long.

After shooting this I don't know why I'd feel the need to buy a $1000.00 1911 but I'd recommend a good polishing job at least to slick up the action.

If anything you know this pistol will hold its value and will be really good trade fodder for your next ODT shopping spree once something else catches your eye but I think I'm holding onto mine.

Recently picked up another one of these RIAs in 45acp...... great shooter with a good trigger :)

Nothing like the feel of real steel when slinging some 230gr ball downrange and ringing some steel ...

I'm not a fan of the slick grips they come with and have changed them out for some Chip Mc slim double diamond grips in rosewood ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom