• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rock Island Armory 1911 tactical (government size)

scandmx5

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
30   0
Reaction score
I always wanted a 1911, thanks to Winder Mike I now have one. Today I put around 110 rounds of 230gr FMJ and Hornady Critical Defense JHP through without a hitch. My groups were excellent and I am very confident with this gun. I know it's not a $1000 1911, but I love this gun. It's amazing how accurate you are with a good trigger! This one is parkerized (which I hate), but I'm going to have sjglenn cerakote it for a nice 2 tone finish. I can't compare it to other 1911's as I've only shot a Kimber and PT1911 once, but for a beginner/on a budget- I don't see where you can go wrong with a RIA. I highly recommend it. This has turned me into a 1911 addict, and I think I'm going to end up buying an officer's model and possibly a 9mm version as well from RIA and/or other manufacturers. I think I may be done with polymer pistols/strikers, and DAO all together. Anyhow, that's my review.

i29.photobucket.com_albums_c263_cobrar18s_1911002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! I knew you would like it. Nothing like the feel of a 1911 trigger touching off a big ol' .45 ACP round!

there goes another marriage. lol.
not married yet, so i'll stock up now. she already said my wedding present would be a custom 1911 (long before i even bought this thing)

I have a RIA 1911 an can shoot excellent groups with it !

LOL ;]
:lol: :rofl: Love it!! It may have went over the others heads.

Aw young grasshopper,finding the old ways are better.Gun been around 100 years and don't get no better than that.Wisdom is learned not given.
Yeah, I may not have the money for the nicest ones but I will have more.

Thanks for reading fellas.

Back
Top Bottom