• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tisas 1911 A1 Service Pistol

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
First of all, shoutout to Hardcast45 Hardcast45 for posting the $299 deal on these in Steals and Deals. Got mine in for transfer a little over a week ago at Hartwell Gun & Supply. If you haven't been there, it's changed hands recently. New owner's name is David. The inventory is dramatically improved, and prices are good, particularly for handguns. That store is only five miles from me, but I hadn't been in there in a few years. Will be going back.

Had to wait for a set of reloading dies to arrive before shooting the gun. Dragged out my casting equipment. Only workable mold for 45acp in my casting setup is a Lee 450-200 mini-ball mold. .450 at the base and .454 above the lube grooves. Cast a handful of them and ran them through a .452 sizer. Loaded them on top of 6.0 grains of Universal, a starting load for a 200 grain lead bullet.

The gun was a pleasure to shoot. My last grouping of five at about 8 yards offhand was less than 2", with four holes touching. Recoil is very tame. This would actually be a great setup to train someone who is having flinch problems. I'm usually allergic to really basic military sights, but these work well for what they are. There's room for improvement in the trigger. It's a basic 1911 trigger, Does it's job perfectly well, but there's more that can be squeezed out of it. That's a project for another day.

Unlike earlier version of this gun, this one comes with black rather than wood-colored plastic grips. Maybe not as historically authentic, but they look much better than the faux wood. Fit and finish on the gun are outstanding. The gun is tight.

It comes in a very decent plastic case, with 2 Mecgar 8 round magazines, and cleaning tools. How they can sell this gun for under $400, much less $300 on sale, is remarkable.

tisas 1911.jpg

Back
Top Bottom