Retread Tires

had a friend do a lot of research on them, not sure if he ever got some for his jeep. Told me that they were cheap. I figured semi's run retreads they hopefully can't be that bad, as long as they are not under extreme load!

The retread tires are super popular on the off road trucks out in california. There are several companies that make mud and all terrain caps that have a huge following.

The recaps on road tractors are on the drive wheels and trailers. Can't be on the steer wheels, or use to be.

On any used or recap look at the date legally can't be over 10 years old per DOT.

If you don't ever plan on being on the interstate or a road where you'll run 65mph or more for any length of time, they would be okay. I personally wouldn't use em on a passenger vehicle, because when they come apart, they will destroy the metal around them.

If you don't ever plan on being on the interstate or a road where you'll run 65mph or more for any length of time, they would be okay. I personally wouldn't use em on a passenger vehicle, because when they come apart, they will destroy the metal around them.
This. I really don't care for retreads. I especially hate them when your beside a semi and they decide to come apart.and also have to dodge the remnants of them on the expressways sucks as well.

Back
Top Bottom