• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MY GOD THE PRICE OF 22”TIRES WTH

Yep, I went through the BFG Radial T/A craze in the 80’s ….. like $600/set , give or take.
What really flipped my lid was the Dunlop GT qualifiers for the street bikes ….. $200-300 a tire !
“Had to have them “ lol

man those were great times!
Please understand that all of this is the outward clues of inflation/printing money. In the 60’s gold was $40 an ounce. Nixon took us off the gold standard and started printing money. Every additional dollar (printed or digitally created) devalues the dollars in our pocket.

In 1960 minimum wage was 1 dollar per hour and a brand new Corvette was 2k. At the same time a brand new Corvair was only $500. A silver quarter would buy you an afternoon matinee at the theater with a soda and popcorn. The same silver quarter today is worth $9 mostly just silver value.

What is spot gold today? $2,049.60 USD!

Yep, I went through the BFG Radial T/A craze in the 80’s ….. like $600/set , give or take.
What really flipped my lid was the Dunlop GT qualifiers for the street bikes ….. $200-300 a tire !
“Had to have them “ lol
I finally got to a point I felt I could afford BFGs for my truck in the 90s. I still used them. Bought a new set in 2022. Paid $1135. That's a 17" for a Dodge 2500 load range E

Back
Top Bottom