• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Retail Internet Sales Tax for Georgia Residents Starts 1/1/2019

this is the deal...they do not collect in their state and not in ours. i do not like taxes at all.
just go back and read all of my posts on this in the thread. you may laugh a little,but even more so, you may see why i support it..
if you dont pay on purchases, you will wind up paying elsewhere. split it up between purchases,and buy local..
and yes, the bottom line is the bottom line.. i did not go into business to go broke or break even, and i hope you dont have a job so you can be broke..
if you cant make money,you may as well get a shopping cart...lots of nice bridges in Atlanta,and some good food in the dumpsters..
i dont get the thought that its somehow bad too want to make money,and how its bad to disagree with an unfair advantage given to your competition..
would you feel good if for every dollar you made,your co-worker made a dollar 10 cents. nothing you could do about it,you do the exact same job, same efficiency,same everything. he just made more because the lived just across the Alabama line..

Never once in 15 pages did I see someone say that a business making money is bad. You should join up with the #metoo, you have obviously been victimized and expect the government to level the playing field.

Never once in 15 pages did I see someone say that a business making money is bad. You should join up with the #metoo, you have obviously been victimized and expect the government to level the playing field.
how silly. you should start your own # boohoo. look you should just get over yourself. i dont feel victimized,if anything i feel equalized. before you had a tax free option,now you dont. i dont have a tax free option either,but i would rather influence people to buy in community vs online...

Wait till they pass universal background checks and you guys see me praising it because it means people will have to pay me for background checks on their private sales. Not.
that is a democrat response...
comparing background checks to sales tax is like comparing the first amendment to being quiet in a library...

how silly. you should start your own # boohoo. look you should just get over yourself. i dont feel victimized,if anything i feel equalized. before you had a tax free option,now you dont. i dont have a tax free option either,but i would rather influence people to buy in community vs online...

that is a democrat response...
comparing background checks to sales tax is like comparing the first amendment to being quiet in a library...
the community versus online sales thing is a stupid one

what about the local businesses that ship?? i know for instance stamp and coin has a shop in northcrest mall but they do 85% of their sales online; they use the shop as a place to store inventory and as a shipping hub

naw, this tax is bull**** and any benefit claimed is invented

been fun guys, i gots to head toward Atlanta..may need to pay sales tax on some fuel on the way...
you should have several hours to try and come up with good argument.. so dont rush into silly responses...
later
Bob
#crod powder
# palmettomoon life size cutout
#boohoo

the community versus online sales thing is a stupid one

what about the local businesses that ship?? i know for instance stamp and coin has a shop in northcrest mall but they do 85% of their sales online; they use the shop as a place to store inventory and as a shipping hub

naw, this tax is bull**** and any benefit claimed is invented
gotta go but here.
how about this.
you buy $12000 a year in body wash(you are either real clean or lonely:becky:), you buy 10k off line and 2k local. at 7% tax the state of GA gets 140 bucks a year in tax revenue. but it loses $700. 51 other people have the exact buying habits.
so the state every year gets $7280 a year. now this is the same state that wastes our tax money on crap,but also paves roads,pays cops,firefighters,and school teachers.. so if you and the 51 other people spend 12k a year and pay tax on it,that 7280 turns into $43680...sound like starting pay for a cop,firefighter,or teacher..or maybe a 5k a year raise for 8.7 cops,firefighters,or teachers. and this is just 52 people out of a state of about 10.4 million..
just saying,i am not a fan of taxes,but they are here to stay. if they are here to stay, they should not be geographically subjective..
sell here,collect here..
can you see any of this???
think about it....

gotta go but here.
how about this.
you buy $12000 a year in body wash(you are either real clean or lonely:becky:), you buy 10k off line and 2k local. at 7% tax the state of GA gets 140 bucks a year in tax revenue. but it loses $700. 51 other people have the exact buying habits.
so the state every year gets $7280 a year. now this is the same state that wastes our tax money on crap,but also paves roads,pays cops,firefighters,and school teachers.. so if you and the 51 other people spend 12k a year and pay tax on it,that 7280 turns into $43680...sound like starting pay for a cop,firefighter,or teacher..or maybe a 5k a year raise for 8.7 cops,firefighters,or teachers. and this is just 52 people out of a state of about 10.4 million..
just saying,i am not a fan of taxes,but they are here to stay. if they are here to stay, they should not be geographically subjective..
sell here,collect here..
can you see any of this???
think about it....
nope

doesnt work

tax money in =/= tax monies out

if the state wants to pay its state employees a fair wage it should be done so under the operating budget agreed upon for that fiscal year. anything other than that is nothing short of preying on consumers and hurting the economy overall. those products and services being sold online have aleady been taxed in many other forms. to push the costs further would reduce the incentive to purchase anyway. much of my online purchases were made much for that reason, if it costs more now or as much as it doesnt in stores i often opt not to buy it.

taxes create a dead weight loss to the entire economy. this could even hurt the gov itself (volume effect)

say the gov collects 5 cents on every item sold, and lets say 100 items are sold. thats a net intake of 500. lets say they boost it to 6 cents. now 80 items sell. thats 480.....a loss of 20. that my or may not happen but it is a very likely outcome to consider

nope

doesnt work

tax money in =/= tax monies out

if the state wants to pay its state employees a fair wage it should be done so under the operating budget agreed upon for that fiscal year. anything other than that is nothing short of preying on consumers and hurting the economy overall. those products and services being sold online have aleady been taxed in many other forms. to push the costs further would reduce the incentive to purchase anyway. much of my online purchases were made much for that reason, if it costs more now or as much as it doesnt in stores i often opt not to buy it.

taxes create a dead weight loss to the entire economy. this could even hurt the gov itself (volume effect)

say the gov collects 5 cents on every item sold, and lets say 100 items are sold. thats a net intake of 500. lets say they boost it to 6 cents. now 80 items sell. thats 480.....a loss of 20. that my or may not happen but it is a very likely outcome to consider
so you say the state collects tax on items that they have been unable to collect on= less tax???
the state can only use the budget given to them..but if the state,say,i dont know....in 2020 has more tax revenue from 2019 than 2018,those budget wont go up?
and as far as you not buying it,i am not buying it.. if you want it,you will buy it..
everyone that has not been affected buy the unfair practice f giving out of state sellers an automatic discount over instate sellers,just cant understand..
do you guys not get that online sellers have enjoyed a long period of tax free sales? its not that they are charging tax,its that the sellers have gotten away with not collecting it.
a few have argued that this is the way of the new business modal,and that taxing online sales is wrong..
but if this is the new business model, do you really think that the tax system wont adjust?

Back
Top Bottom